2010 Snow Tire Thread!!!

Night Fury

really liked the mastercrafts glacier-grips I've had before. They are great for snow. Blizzaks seem to be better for just ice, though. Unfortunately as I just got this car, it's riding on cheapo all-seasons that were on it and I can't afford anything good right now. They're attrocious. Definitely going to get some new wheels sometime and stick summer tires on them and use the stockers for winter tires. I won't be able to stand using all-seasons for much longer.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• Night Fury

• mra32

• BXX

The mastercrafts seem to slide more than the winterforces I have. Both are pretty great imo. The Winterforces annihilated the sleetpuddles i had on the way to work the other day, I was like a friggin rally driver. Not to mention all the times it has snowed and evertyone was spinning their tires EVERYWHERE and I was just rolling along. Though I do have pretty low confidence in the driving skill of the average person.

We had a pretty bad snow storm a few years ago when I had the '96 and there was at least a foot of snow on the road and I drove 10 miles without a hitch w/ mastercrafts and the car sat pretty low to the ground. Luckily, I never had to come to a complete stop, in which case it might have been a different story. I'm not doubting there are as good or better snow tires out there, they're just the only ones I've used and that's basically because they were the cheapest available to me. My dad uses just front snow tires on the riviera and it sucks balls because the back end likes to slide out. All-seasons can eat a dick all seasons cuz they suck ass in everything.

My Blizzacks have kicked some SERIOUS ASS this winter. The only time I had issues was during a blizzard and getting through the drifts of the really strange fine wind-blown snow.... Once I started dragging the undercarrige on this snow(again, very hard packed, almost able to be stood upon despite having JUST fallen), I started having some serious issues. ALTHOUGH, with the REGULAR snow, I was able to plow through AT LEAST FOUR FEET deep drifts with very little effort. Ice handling was far superior to other cars too.... I was getting around perfectly fine while there were dozens of other cars sliding EVERYWHERE and into ditches. I was fine.

These tires are WELL WORTH THE MONEY. I will FOR SURE buy again.

The mastercrafts seem to slide more than the winterforces I have. Both are pretty great imo. The Winterforces annihilated the sleetpuddles i had on the way to work the other day, I was like a friggin rally driver. Not to mention all the times it has snowed and evertyone was spinning their tires EVERYWHERE and I was just rolling along. Though I do have pretty low confidence in the driving skill of the average person.

I tried that earlier today to see what it was like, to go over a couple of inches of packed snow and just step on it like a rally car in the corners. Well I took a corner, stepped on it, and all I saw was snow FLYING all over the place out of the wheels, and I never slid out. These tires chew through snow like its butter.

My Blizzacks have kicked some SERIOUS ASS this winter. The only time I had issues was during a blizzard and getting through the drifts of the really strange fine wind-blown snow.... Once I started dragging the undercarrige on this snow(again, very hard packed, almost able to be stood upon despite having JUST fallen), I started having some serious issues. ALTHOUGH, with the REGULAR snow, I was able to plow through AT LEAST FOUR FEET deep drifts with very little effort. Ice handling was far superior to other cars too.... I was getting around perfectly fine while there were dozens of other cars sliding EVERYWHERE and into ditches. I was fine.

These tires are WELL WORTH THE MONEY. I will FOR SURE buy again.

I'm with Buck here. One thing to note that's very important is that you cannot Generalize Blizzak tires. They have made them for a long time, and the WS50, WS60, and WS70 are NOT the same tire. The first two are older versions of the currently available WS70. In addition, the LM-18 that would have gone on my Bonneville is also a different tire altogether. Our excellent experience has been for the WS70 tire.

That's a good point.

And on how they chew threw the snow, I noticed that too. I don't even have to be getting some for it to really chew trough it... Heck even driving in a straight line, the tires take that snow and throws it the fuck out of their way!!!