2010 Snow Tire Thread!!!

Night Fury

I just found a set of W-50 Blizzacks on craigslist for $60.00 with really decent tread .

The size kinda scares me for my Cutlass. 225/55/16 And I have to pick gravel out of the grooves , I dont know if the guy lived on a dirt road . I just searched winter tires on C/L then Snow tires and sometimes people sell there car but still have the winter ones sitting in the garage.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• Night Fury

• mra32

• BXX

Got the Blizzak WS-70's mounted for $536 out the door minus the $50 in vouchers I had. I'll get some pics up soon. Its still not bad enough out here to put winter tires on so it might be a while till I get to test them out.

Just got a good pounding of 22 inches of lake effect.... All season on the 18s (I think Firestone Firehawk) were OK, had a terrible time getting moving from a dead stop. Put the Firestone Winterforce on and I was cutting through the snow with no problems. A+ from me for Winterforce. Only noticed a tiny amount of road noise at 60+ today. Not bad.... the hiss from the damn speakers when my turn signal is on is more annoying.

I (at least for the time being) don't plan on running snow tires this year.. I think I still have one spare set of lumina wheels that I could get some snows on for the bonneville. Not too awful converned for myself but I'm putting some snows on Jill's Euro. I lucked out bigtime last weekend and scored a set of 225-60-16 winterforces off the back of some Crown Victoria at the junkyard for $30 each. Local tire shop is selling me 2 more good used cooper weathermaster st3 snows for $30 each as well. should make for some good thrifty snow traction for her.

I've got Mastercraft Glacier Grips on the front of the lumina, i rand them all last winterv (through snowmagedon (giant snowstorm)) and i actually have been running them all summer. They're awesome!

I think my rear tires are just some good all season goodyears i got off of one of the cars we junked at the garage.

Got the Blizzak WS-70's mounted for $536 out the door minus the $50 in vouchers I had. I'll get some pics up soon. Its still not bad enough out here to put winter tires on so it might be a while till I get to test them out.

Dude, I told you in the past I could get you the Friends and Family discount! Woulda hacked off a decent amount of cash!

And I learned today that I need snow tires... stopping is an issue this year now that I have properly working brakes:lol:

I think the Winterforces will cost me around $250 or less. Gotta price them out tomorrow at work if I have time.

Dude, I told you in the past I could get you the Friends and Family discount! Woulda hacked off a decent amount of cash!

Damnit!!! I forgot completely. Man...you should have mentioned it those 2 times I called you to ask about the difference with the tires, lol.

And I learned today that I need snow tires... stopping is an issue this year now that I have properly working brakes:lol:

I think the Winterforces will cost me around $250 or less. Gotta price them out tomorrow at work if I have time.

Yeah, brakes change things, lol.

I just got the Blizzaks on today with the GP rims. Doesn't look half bad. With proper sized tires now, they're nearly tucked under the fenders a bit, and I still have plenty of suspension travel.

Damnit!!! I forgot completely. Man...you should have mentioned it those 2 times I called you to ask about the difference with the tires, lol. They ended up being $476 out the door after 8% tax after that $50 voucher I had from firestone.

Don't worry Bob, I'm going to be needing summer tires come spring time, and I won't forget about you then!

Yeah, brakes change things, lol.

I just got the Blizzaks on today with the GP rims. Doesn't look half bad. With proper sized tires now, they're nearly tucked under the fenders a bit, and I still have plenty of suspension travel.

Love the Winterforces

Have a set of 225-60-16 on the STS and a brand new set of 265-70-17 on the Denali

Set of 4 265-70-17 was $450 off of Tire Rack + $72 mount, sticky weight balance, tax and disposal of my old POS Nexens

So $522 all in

That would be damn near a grand here (had it done in Zeliewhateverthehellitscalled PA)

Just got back from the tire shop, had the 2 winterforces I scored at the junkyard mounted up, and one used replacement cooper wintermaster st2 mounted up on Jills Euro on her winter wheels total cost $116. The tech warned that the winterforces might be flat spotted since they sat for awhile in the junkyard flat, they feel a-ok to me :dance:

4 225 60 16 Blizzak WS70 are gonna run me 380 out the door with roadhazzard. Score!

Man how the hell did you manage that. That's $100 less than what I paid, with a $50 voucher, and a 10% discount for using the firestone card. You get some kind of employee discount?

Man how the hell did you manage that. That's $100 less than what I paid, with a $50 voucher, and a 10% discount for using the firestone card. You get some kind of employee discount?

:think: Werent you guys just talking about this?

Damnit!!! I forgot completely. Man...you should have mentioned it those 2 times I called you to ask about the difference with the tires, lol. They ended up being $476 out the door after 8% tax after that $50 voucher I had from firestone.

Don't worry Bob, I'm going to be needing summer tires come spring time, and I won't forget about you then!

4 225 60 16 Blizzak WS70 are gonna run me 380 out the door with roadhazzard. Score!

as an employee I pay only a small percentage aboove cost. And road hazard only runs me a few bucks per tire.

How many sets of tires is an employee allowed to buy per year? :thumbsup: