master cylinder brake lines

dccdelta

Iam new to the forum and wbodys, and got some qustions. Iam going to be working on my freinds 1993 buick regal and ill be replacing the brake lines from the master cylinder back. I know that some gm cars like to put different size lines through out there cars. Question is what size is the brakeline going into the master cylinder, is a bubble flare, and is it metric or standered thread? Bad part is iam three hours away and can't look at it and my friend has no mechaincal knowalge at all. Thankyou for your help.

3/16 brake line, bubble flare, metric threads. The master cylinder will have one flare nut that is much larger than the other three. I forget the size, but I think I needed my 14mm flare nut wrench for it while the others required the 12mm.

• 1 month later...

What I did was goto the junkyard and cut the master cylinder brake lines and re attached them with your flaring tool. I did mine behind the engine. But this way I had all new lines running and didnt want to take the chance of using my old ones. Just find some clean ones in good shape and your good to go.