Top Posters In This Topic

• 94 olds vert

• AL

• Euro

• Go4DaMo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

My black Z34 has holes the size of fists in the rocker...went to bolt my Crosslaces on yesterday and realized the trailing arm weld has been compromised...pending diagnosis from a welding shop, as I don't know if there's any decent unibody to weld TO, the old Getrag Lumina may be turning its last few miles on its odometer (gotta run the 10 gallons of gas out of it, no matter how doglegged it is:thumbsup:)

sigh...:rolleyes:

Sophia is pretty rusty. I'll get a pic when the snow thaws and when the ground won't freeze my ass to lay on the ground and snap picture of the underside of my car.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3163[/ATTACH]

Monte got a nice coat of 3M rubberized undercoating!! Whole underside got done! 3 or 4 full cans of that stuff!!

The Lumina doesn't have any rust on the underside. Its dirty, grungy and nasty, just not rusty. Although the pinch weld on the divers side by the front of the door is mangle, either the PO tried to jack it up wrong, or hit something with the pinch weld.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's loud as f*ck. But it's also rusted through the cat pipe... so multiple sounds coming from it.

Here is what it sounded like before this one chamber flowmaster muffler/SS tip rusted off. It doesn't sound much different than this really...

[video=youtube;f-NuzNQEPLg]

My 2000 GTP is pretty bad but still fixable, I bought it in Buffalo. Worst place to buy a car if you don't like rust. Live and learn. I'll throw up pics when I get a chance... Deep fried underbody anyone?

EDIT: added some pics of the rockers from above... you can imagine the rest lol

rust1.jpg

rust2.jpg

rust3.jpg

total separation on the drivers side

rust4.jpg

Edited by GtpKo
moar pics!