• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 94 olds vert

• AL

• Euro

• Go4DaMo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aside from the usual surface rust on some suspension components, mine's solid. Thank you undercoating! Anyone who doesn't get that here is just asking for trouble. :lol:

I'll have to get pictures the next time it's on jack stands.

If you're talking about undercoating, like that stuff that resembles spray on bedliner, I wouldn't do it. That was done on my 89. The undercoating traps moisture against the paint and promotes rust. Every undercoated car I've come across is far rustier than cars that were untreated. If you're talking about the rustproofing which is some kind of an oily-waxy substance that will make your fingers nasty every time you touch it, that stuff should work.

Has that thing been in MN it's whole life? You're right, it really is both clean and in good shape for it's age and the conditions up there.

Fuck if I dared looking for rust, I found too much already and that is only on the body...

If the paint on top of the rocker/door-frame? at the rear-passenger door is bubbling, do I really need to investigate further?

Fucking Quebec... :(

I see the odd car here that has rust, and is only a few years old.

My city sucks for winter though. Instead of clearing the roads (Which would be the new poilicy if the PROPER candidate for mayor had been elected), they just pour massive amounts of salt and rocks on them and go on their way.

I'm pretty impressed with the way most of your guys cars!

I don't have photos, but the 97 CS driven every winter here in Montreal, the underneath not so nice. We also stopped oiling it a few years back, so the trailing arms, leaf parts to support it all has surface rust. Even below the rocker panels is rusting pretty bad, I think to the point where its coming out from the Driver's side front rib cladding. This same spot the A pillar has rust. The passenger side A pillar has lots of rust where the highest door mount is, this goes as far to the roof, by rusting from inside out. I even took off the rust on the roof part, and painted it, and after a few months its bubbling again!

There's rust on the inner wheel wells, also I should mention we redid the front fenders again, near the wheel well...

Fuck if I dared looking for rust, I found too much already and that is only on the body...

If the paint on top of the rocker/door-frame? at the rear-passenger door is bubbling, do I really need to investigate further?

Fucking Quebec... :(

Quebec too, ha where abouts? I find the salt here destroys cars...

• 1 month later...