• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• AL

• jeremy

• Breakdown

with the metallic paints like that, they don't cover very well, so LOTS of thinner coats will give a better end resut. Looks like you're doing an awesome job! Way to go! This is what the fate of the lumina was if i hadn't dug myslef into the monte project.

I'm excited to see bigger and clearer pics!!

with the metallic paints like that, they don't cover very well, so LOTS of thinner coats will give a better end resut. Looks like you're doing an awesome job! Way to go! This is what the fate of the lumina was if i hadn't dug myslef into the monte project.

I'm excited to see bigger and clearer pics!!

What's weird is the can says one light coat, then one 'wet coat'

So so far it has been light coat--->moderate coat----->pretty heavy coat and it looks like I'll even have to touch up after that but it's looking pretty awesome and deep :D

i estimated for wifey's GP about 8-9 cans. 7 seems about right for where you're at.

I've used 7 cans of primer and 7 cans of color so far. I'll need like 3 more cans of color :(

No? Haha. I like the color a lot on that car

Lol I couldn't tell. Thanks! :D

bigger pics please

Thursday probably

Its really nice to see my old car get some love... Take care of it buck! Hopefully it doesn't give you anymore issues any time over winter... The tires on it sick balls in the winter time so just keep that in mind

As much as it pains me to say it, I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T give me issues this winter, but we'll see!

And yeah the tires are getting tragically bad. I plan on getting them replaced before then but................

I'm really looking forward to seeing the end result. I have several projects in the early planning stages and this might be how I end up painting them once it all comes together.

i was just curious as you mentioned the amount of cans that you have been through so far.....I figured that you would have to be approaching the cost of a basic Maaco paint job.....not that they look great by any means, but it's hard to beat $150-200 paint "refresh" on a beater car or on a car that is going to get sold...

Edited by jeremy

Yeah no shit. Had I known I was going to spend this much I wouldn't have done it. Bit late now though!!!! Live and learn. You won't be seeing me doing this again, I promise master.