Swaps swaps and even more swapping?

fleetwoodguy79

I'm looking to put in a HUD, and trip computer from the 94-96 GP's to my 95 SE. This possible?? Should all the wiring already be in the dash?? Also, what about automatic climate control? Could I get one out of a Cutlass/new GP and stick it in? And help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!

Just figured Id move this topic over to the general section, you'll get more help there. There is a possibility you have some of the wiring there, the best way to find out is, you know :wink:

when I had my GTPs dash all apart it had all the wiring in there for a HUD, I even checked the pluggs to see if they worked and sure enoughf, there live... so yes its all there waiting for ya.....

not to sure on the climate control stuff, but were thers a will, theres a way

The wiring should be there for the HUD and trip computer, but you'll need to add a temperature sensor underhood for the trip computer.

From the description I've heard, it sounds like the same one found in 89+ Cutlass Supremes with the auto climate control.

As for adding an auto climate control, you'll need to add in the wiring for it. I think one from a 95-97 Cutlass Supreme would be the easiest to add in. I'm not sure what all is involved because I'm not familiar with the 95-97, but I know an 89-94 auto climate control requires a new blower motor speed controller, temperature door controller, and a bunch of other stuff (Brian would know more about it).

No, you don't need the special HUD windshield.

I think the HUD windshield makes the display more visible during the day, but the display is plenty visible on a standard windshield on all but the brightest, sunniest days.