Anybody put the 'lip' on the rear?

jackhartjr

You should probably have this thread moved to appearances or general.

I never visit this forum, but I can tell you that all sorts of coupe owners have done this - YES! Mainly coupe owners because of the percentage of coupes vs. convertibles that didn't come with them to start with.

BXX is one guy that I know has done it for sure. But there are at least a few others.

I have a lip set here at my place, but no Cutlass Supreme. :(

I added the spoiler and flared tail lights to my '92 Convertible about seven years ago. The spoiler was new and came with all the mounting hardware. I carefully placed the spoiler on the trunk lid and marked the spots where the spoiler bolts touched. I double-checked to make sure everything was symmetrical, then drilled the holes in the trunk lid. This seemed like a leap of faith drilling into a good trunk lid, but it worked out fine. Start with a small pilot hole, then drill a larger hold to accommodate the bolts. The tail lights are a breeze to swap out. Looking at the car, no one would ever know it wasn't installed at the factory. Just take your time. I like the spoiler and flared tail lights look much better, but this wasn't an option on the '92 verts. I later added the five-spoke wheels, which also weren't offered in '92.