Random CS vert FSTB question

white4d96

I have a FSTB from a CS convertible on my 'Prix. It uses an actual round tube as the bar, with two flattened spots for whatever reason. Every FSTB I've seen on here uses a square tube. What's the difference between the two? Is one stiffer than the other? Or is one just from the older versions and one from the newer?

The round bar is 3.1 specific, the square came on 3.4 cars and was much more common and can be used on both 3.1 and 3.4 cars... They are equal in strength as far as I know... Only difference is commonality

i typed a long one out lol must have messed up while posting it said the same as yours so oh well he has his info. i have heard that the round is slightly stronger though

i typed a long one out lol must have messed up while posting it said the same as yours so oh well he has his info. i have heard that the round is slightly stronger though

i don't see that being true, i was very unimpressed with the round one

i have heard that the round is slightly stronger though

there has never been anything down to show that one is stronger than the other.....I do know that round one looks a cheap POS compared to the 93-95 style bar though....

there has never been anything down to show that one is stronger than the other.....I do know that round one looks a cheap POS compared to the 93-95 style bar though....

:dunno: I have both bars and I thought the round one seemed to be the better bar, which is why for my 3rd one I specifically got another round one. My guess is the round one is stronger. The square tube one has bends in it, and under stress, metal tends to be weakest where it has bends.