• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TGP5sp90

• Garrett Powered

• BXX

• RobertISaar

fwiw: that Pioneer HU is by far the best factory looking aftermarket you can get (assuming that have the model that lights up red/orange)....I used to have one in my Fiero.

Thanks fella's, Yes I'm looking for the best and the fastest PC now, along with the best price, actually I have found one, it will have a 2.53 GHz processor at 4 Gb Ram along with 120Gb hard drive, that will also support a DVD/RW drive, also WIFI comes with a factory 2 year warranty. However it will not be an Indash unit which pisses me off. Bad write ups on all indash, Damn Chinese. :confused:

This touch screen is a stand alone, Innolux 7" LCD with Back light LED's. Which makes it very bright.

Yes thats my OLD Xbox .

Yep, That Pioneer is my baby. I bought that for my GTP back in 95' it was at the time the most expensive stereo that you could buy for chrysler/ GM. I sure would hate to see it go, its definitly a wednesday built stereo.

I bet that 8" lilliput a very nice monitor, I came close a few times in buying one. they definitly have a better resolution than lennox . This one has AV1 AV2 RCA jacks, VGA, USB for touch screen support 5 wire.

Edited by TGP5sp90

UPDATE: I just ordered the carputer today. I was thinking of getting the 2.53Ghz 2 core duo, at 4Gb of RAM along with 120Gb hard drive and DVD RW ROM with WIFI. But after talking with the salesperson, He considered that it would really be over kill for what I'm using for. Now I'm getting the 1.6Ghz 2 core duo at 2Gb of RAM along with 250 Gb hard drive and DVD RW ROM with WIFI. I hope I didn't let him talk me into something I won't appreciate later in time for future upgrades. Also I'm going to need a ALDL-USB cable for reading real time specs. But does anyone have a Idea on what software would be the best to use? Thanks Jimmy,

Ok, good deal!

I was aboot to say, you would need tthe M4-ATX to power a 2.53 core 2 duo

Im using a a P4 2.26 and thats aboutt the limit of the my M2-ATX 160w. Im not using any CD rom drives though. altthough im pretty sure I can use a low power USB drive and still have barely enough for a low energy consumption soundcard if I ever get away from on-board sound

As bad as I would have like to have the 2.53Ghz system he really stress that I would have never used the carputer for what its intension was. Another thing that was odd, was that he tried to talk me out of the DVD drive being internal. Cause an external one, as you can see theirs really no good spots for it to go, without looking like it doesn't belong. unless possibly it might have an effect to the computers operation :think: hopefully not.

No I haven't ordered it yet. looking now actually, the cheapest I found was $59.99 does this sound like a good price. (Besides TunerPro), someone else had mentioned Moates. So I'll start looking through both of them and make my decision, but I'm leaning towards TunerPro. :thumbsup:

I might not get everything I'd like to have out of it. But it will do most of what I'm looking to do with it. So anyone who wants to chime in, with their opinions, all responses welcomed.

the cheapest commercially made ones(USB anyway) will be from aldlcable.com(cheapest serial port version would be from MasTech, if they're still around). mine flaked out within 18 months and then i built my own for less than half the cost...

moates: doesn't make any software(well, small stuff, but nothing for datalogging/tuning lately), but makes a SHITLOAD of high-quality tuning/logging hardware.

i also mentioned something earlier in the whatever thread about more or less hiding the ALDL port under the dash and just having a male or female USB plug in it's place.

Carputer is here, a little bigger than I thought, but will still try to place it in the glove box. However I ordered a playstation keypad that I would love to place it somewhere where I can reach it. I took a few Pics of me holding it in certain places that it might go.

100_0159.jpg

100_0160.jpg

100_0161.jpg

100_0162.jpg

I found something that might help the ones that may attempt the install as well

:http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Inch-LCD-Monitor-OPEN-FRAME-CAR-TV-NEW-DVD-/270615347508?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f01ee8134

• 2 weeks later...

Moving right along with new electronics, Finally have a stereo with some balls, that 45watts per channel just wasn't gettin done. This one puts out 60 watts per channel, and makes a huge difference. the only thing I did not like about it when I put in the car was that it was going to stick out past the stereo holder, I probably going to keep my old Zeus amp in their for now, its pushing a 12" MTX at 600 Watts RMS, definitly all I need. the computer has about 2000 songs on it now and theirs still 190 GB left. WOW. Will see how much is left after putting Centrfuse 3.0 and TunerPro on to it.

100_0191.jpg

100_0185.jpg

100_0187.jpg

100_0190.jpg

short shifter, doesn't look to bad after I put it all back together

Edited by TGP5sp90

Well I have the 30 day trial Centrafuse 3.0 on it and have been playing around with it, and to be honest I'm just not as thrilled as I thought I would be with it. Two things which make me switch back to windows media, The visialization is much better, and I can find my songs and artist faster. But will keep working with it, just to find as many reasons as I can to want to purchase a real copy. --Jimmy.

I think thats why I kind alike CF 2.1

However once you get used to CF, I think you'll really like it.

I used Media Engine in the past which is freeware, but It just didnt do itt for me, plus I need Nav.

Yea Bob, my Head unit already has GPS on it, so having two GPS's would definitly be overkill. However going on my fourth day with Centrafuse 3.0 I am getting to like it much better than when I first started playing on it. Its funny how we have to turn to the younger people

to be taught how to use touch screens. :lol:

Bob here's that centrafuse 3.0, home page. The head unit is the TKO 5.8" LCD multimedia w/GPS. The only problem that were having now is which software were actually going to use for OBD1. We've tried three so far, and I'm not liking my options. :mad:

100_0194.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found the one I've been looking for. TunerPro version 5 only :willy_nilly:

http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm

Then scroll down till you see 3.1L turbo (TGP), This one has everything that I'm going to need.

But I've also been looking into getting the APU1 all in one system, someone let me know if this

will work for our cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yi8DJLsdDA

Also found this Gentlman working with it as well, notice the Boost gauge, Oh yea

Oh BTW someone please tell me where someone would find Ostrich for TGP's.

that would be rick's video...

and yes, that's a V5 only definiton, i made it to take advantage of the MANY features V5 has over V4. the autoprom WILL work on a TGP, but a bit pricey. and the ostrich isn't mask or platform specific, one works with any supported PROM.

Fuck that's awesome. I'm LOVING that head unit :thumbsup:

I've been thinking about doing a PC in my car for a while, this is definitely some inspiration. I wouldn't be buying one of those carputers you have a link to though, too bulky for me. I'd probably rip the guts out of an older laptop, bluetooth it, and do a PAN through my phone so I can have net pretty much anywhere. :lol:

You could do this too if you really wanted internet in your car, and have internet on your phone.

Also...CLEAN UP THAT TOOLBAR AND YOUR MSCONFIG!!! :bash: