Manual trans wiring obd 1.5 help!

gpchris

Well theres a few things im seeing as a problem already. Starting being the first. How to i fool it into thinking its in park? Running how to i fool it into thinking its in drive? Fuel pump.. It doesnt run or prime when the range switch is removed or in drive. Those are really my main problems. Reverse lights, speed sensor and trunk and lock functions are less important right now. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the range switch? Help pleasee...

disable the prns safety swith, i jumped 2 wires on it and let it hang, its in my buld thread somewhere, i think it was green with yellow spripe and the purpel wire, thats it.

my dash doesnt light up to say its in park or anything, its just blank

couldn't you just plug the range selector back into the harness and leave it in park and zip tie it out of the way?

The pcm runs the engine different in park, plus its got a lower rev limiter. I dont even know if the pcm will allow it to get get any speed in park. I know the engine will die if the car is moving forward at a decent speed and the trans goes into reverse.

i understand that it is diff from your swap, but i swapped a 95 chevy truck from auto to 5-speed and i left the module from the trans plugged up in park and zipped it out of the way. runs great no problems going on 2 years.

i understand that it is diff from your swap, but i swapped a 95 chevy truck from auto to 5-speed and i left the module from the trans plugged up in park and zipped it out of the way. runs great no problems going on 2 years.

I'm thinking I might just do that for right now. I don't need to be going over 4000rpm until I know everythings safe anyway.

REDGTP figured out how to make this work out. He had a switch at the clutch pedal that made the car think it was in drive until the clutch pedal was pressed, at which time the car either thought it was in neutral or in park. I think there was a difference with netural and park.... which is that the car removed the 4000 rev limiter in neutral if the car was moving, but not in park..... search his history.

why not just have the rev limit removed from the pcm? in fact why not just have the whole thing reflashed to accomodate your changes? then just wire in your back up lights ect.

because he is still running the 94-95 3100 PCM.... which no one has bothered to hack thus far.

interestingly enough though, the 94-95 5 speed f-cars used the same PCM.... too bad the iron head motors were WAY different in terms of VE and spark.