Found a source for Windshield Rubber Glass Seal

cliffcostello

Well I tried emailing them back at the provided email address, with the same error. AOL says the error is due to:

421 HVU:B2

• There is at least one URL or domain in your e-mail that is generating substantial complaints from AOL members. Resolution will require opening a support request.

I'll try contacting them through phone at their listed phone numbers found at: http://www.thecliphouse.com/antique-auto-restoration.html

I guess the old saying goes "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is".

(Well as far as my luck goes anyways!)

OUCH! Got a reply to the email. Looks like prices have went UP!

Attached is the .pdf quote. Still a bit confused on where the invoice added up to $60..?

Inv00067436.pdf

YEOWCH! I may try the junk yard route for a dodge ?aspen? ?nitro? ?durango? I forget what else they say will fit. $60 for seals is a bit steep for me.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old post but I just did mine. Cost was up $55.00, then everything I tried wouldn't work to get it tight against the windshield, I finally cut the bottom L lip 1/2 way to the top & bought some window sealant & put a 1/4 inch bead down around the windshield then laid the weatherstrip down. It worked great, laid flat just like stock. One tip let it set up before trying to clean off the sealant that oozed out, then use a razor blade. I used paint prep to get it off the windshield, it was about the only thing that would get it off.

• 9 months later...
Mine came in last week, looks like pretty good quality

Did you get the same Part #WFSD1005A? How did the install go? Looking to do this myself...

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back from the dead. Had my windsheild replaced and it does NOT come with a new seal as their are no longer available. Sourcing a new one and found this thread.

Pshojo, how did yours turn out?

Greg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

im not sure...but i used the part number posted earlier and found a source for the same part much cheaper and in stock at the link i provided

I bought the (WFS D1005 A) moulding from the Clip House. Amanda is very nice and helpful, unfortunately the moulding is designed to be installed on the outside edge of the glass before the windshield is installed. It was the same moulding I had tried previously (sample) from a local auto glass shop that didn't work, so I sent it back along with a sample of the original. Amanda said sorry, no luck finding a match.

The local glass shop sells that moulding for $1.00 a foot (takes about 10 ft). The front of the moulding looks the same as original, but when stuffed under the windshield trim the moulding doesn't fill the void/recess in the trim. The outer edge sticks up a bit. I thought when I replaced my windshield I thought I would cut the back side of the moulding off flush so the moulding is basically a flat strip and glue it on top so I can slide it over a bit to fill the void/ recess. That's where I'm at. If someone has some pull at a moulding place have them make some, Please