Test Drove a 90 GP 5 spd

Jeorge

Well I test drove a car on Tues.

1990 GP SE 3.1L 5spd.

Red/Tan leather looked like a TGP with out the Hood louvers.

Full power, Dic, ASC power sunroof. quad buckets. No HUD

it was at a Dealer. and when I opend the Trunk I seen a forsale sign with 2k oBO so when I went to talk to the Dealer he said it was a local Trade.

I asked how much he said they where asking 2900 I laughed and started to mention what was wrong with the car and he said come back on sat when the owner of the lot is in and then neg.

Leather was Riped, had to pull on the turn switch to get it to work. The factory amp on the Radio was going, the Brakes where worped and the E was parsaly stuck on Needs struts they are starting to go bad

drivers door stuck a little. and is saging.....all easy stuff to fix and can be done in a weekend but takes some $$

I know he probly only gave 500 on Trade so Im going to offer 1,000 for the car... or look in the Truck for the guys phone # and give him a call and see what he got on trade for it....

but I must say Car and Driver was Right when they said a 3.1 5 spd is almost as fast as a Turbo 3.1 auto...

It drove like a Dream being it had 165xxx on her and needed stuff done.

So...it had a body kit like the TGP? That would be a rare as hell car!

I know thats why IM going to see if I can get it... the car is Beat to all Heck and I think its an added on body kit though....but it is a fun car to Drive....

I want it for adding TGP motor....if I ever get my 410 hp motor done.....

Muhahaha.....

but I probly wont get it being I have a connection to a STE turbo for a second car....

its should be listed as a SE 5-speed. It looks identical to a tgp but comes with silver wheels. There is guy down the street from where I work that has one but he won't sale it to me. Its cookie monster blue, sunroof, HUD, silver wheels, nav system, and the most important of all 5-speed getrag!!!! I have been looking all over can't find one.

Bring that 1990 GP SE 3.1L 5spd here and we will see how it stacks up against my TGP 5-speed!!! LOL Can you get any pics of it..that would be an interesting car to see. Where did you say it was located?? 8)