Buick Regal bucks and surges - ideas? (VIDEO)

DaPurpleRT

OK, thus far I've changed TPS, MAF, ECU, most of the wiring harness, and searched vacuum hookups, no luck. My only idea left is maybe a fuel filter? I've been told injector/plugs, but even of my 99 Dodge Pickup (this is a 2000 Regal LS, 3.8L BTW) any kind of misfire, especially one this violent pops a code instantly, so I'm sure this Buick would do the same, and it pops no codes whatsoever.

Here's the video:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v625/stewpi/?action=view&current=0421001320.flv

As you can see, it'll keep it up almost indefinitely if I don't give it more gas (about 20 seconds in and until I "push through" with more throttle that's probably about 30-40% throttle, steadily held). But I can give it more throttle and seemingly force the car to go on.

Ideas?

TIA.

I was having an identical problem with my 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4.0. Bucking, surging, stalling, misfiring, all kinds of hell.

I chased that problem for 3 or 4 months when my check engine light finally popped on. Pulled the code, and it was for the upstream (before the cat) O2 sensor. I changed it, and the problems have not happened since.

I would say to change the O2 sensor(s) next, and see what that does.

Well, only thing is, the car has been doing this for a couple years, and it seems like we changed the 02 at one point though I'm not positive.

I really do wish it'd pop some code, that'd be great....

There's a common problem with the 4T65E's that sounds and looks like it might be what it is. Mine does it quite often too, and has for a while. It looked like as you went into 4th gear it started to do it? It has something to do with the TCC engaging weird...bah, can't remember the exact possible details...here's what Triple Edge Performance transmissions says

http://www.tripleedgeperformance.com/TCC_rpm_oscillation.html

:( Yeah. There might be something else that's causing it, but that's the first thing that came to my mind. My car does it pretty much all the time, unless I'm in the throttle a little bit.

:( Yeah. There might be something else that's causing it, but that's the first thing that came to my mind. My car does it pretty much all the time, unless I'm in the throttle a little bit.

I don't know how you deal with that on a daily basis Matt. That would piss me the hell off until I fixed it.

I don't know how you deal with that on a daily basis Matt. That would piss me the hell off until I fixed it.

Yeeeah. It has it's good days and bad days. Lately I haven't gone anywhere that really warrants me to get above 40mph for it to do it, haha. I got so sick of it a couple months ago that I took it to the dealer just because I had a little money TO fix it....and of course they "couldn't get it to do it" :roll: Morons

all the need to do is drive it at about 40-50 mph very light 1/4 throttle Just enough that it wants to down shift but it wont. I normally just got to 1/2 to let it shift down then back to 1/4 to pick up speed normal.