TGP VIN database - website inside!

mfewtrail

Don't forget BATTERY COVER!

Someone better save that one. 80K miles!. Vacuum brake swapped too, so that's a bonus for some. I'm curious about what's actually wrong with it as it doesn't appear to be wrecked. I bet it would clean up pretty well.

I wonder what it will go for.

~2660 miles from me. If this was a few states over and they allowed me to bid, I would at least attempt to get it....

Yeah, only one of mine has the battery cover.

It says in the auction listing it won't start and the seller is a veteran's organization, so I'm guessing it was just an old car that wouldn't start to somebody and they donated it for the tax write-off. Could be minor electrical issue or could need an engine. I'm betting it wouldn't take much though. LG5's seem durable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Pontiac-Grand-Prix-FRONT-CV-AXLE-SHAFT-Right-/271747746575?vxp=mtr&hash=item3f456d8b0f

I found one at an auto salvage place in South Dakota randomly searching part #'s on ebay last night - I have a huge list of numbers I randomly copy & paste into ebay looking for original parts @ good prices.

I've contacted them to get the VIN so I can mark it as salvaged on the list(s).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Close to my vin. Thanks. Have you tried the vin program lately? I don't recall if I ever tried to use it after you messaged me quite a long time ago. If it still works I might start back soon on finishing the 1990 coupes. Then I'll gather the info for the tste's to finish later. I was halfway through my final check on the 1990 coupes when I stopped working on it.

Yeah, it takes 10x as long to go through as they are tossing out a bunch of VINs that aren't even close.

SHATFAX Check Results

The VIN you entered, 1G3WS51X3MD394786, is invalid. However, it is very close to the one(s) listed below. If your VIN is listed below, click on it to continue.

1. 1G3WS51X9MD394786  1991 OLDSMOBILE/CUTLASS SUPREME SL/3.4L V6 FI

2. 1G3WR11X3MD394786  1991 OLDSMOBILE/CUTLASS SUPREME INTL SERS/3.4L V6 FI

3. 1G3WS14X3MD394786  1991 OLDSMOBILE/CUTLASS SUPREME SL/3.4L V6 FI

4. 1G3NF11A3MD394786  1991 OLDSMOBILE/CUTLASS CALAIS S/2.3L I4 FI

All those come up when you run the VIN. The top one is correct, but the rest are not real.

Yeah, it takes 10x as long to go through as they are tossing out a bunch of VINs that aren't even close.

All those come up when you run the VIN. The top one is correct, but the rest are not real.

That sucks. I wonder if the fake ones could be accounted for in a modernized version of the program and automatically discarded.

It would be nice, for sure.

I need to start building the 454SS registry for the web, did you use any particular program or anything to build the TGP page? I like the layout.

Eventually I want to do something like www.sportmachines.com Sy/Ty/SGT registry but for now, I'd just like to get it online.

It would be nice, for sure.

I need to start building the 454SS registry for the web, did you use any particular program or anything to build the TGP page? I like the layout.

Eventually I want to do something like www.sportmachines.com Sy/Ty/SGT registry but for now, I'd just like to get it online.

I just used either excel or the open office(free) equivalent and had it convert to html for me if I recall correctly. That's always been a placeholder for the page. I would like to make something nicer when I finally get done with everything...I have quite a few ideas on how to do this including uploafing images of every car I have documented by vin, etc. This post has made me want to work on it some now. I plan to fire up the vin program tonight and let it run through 10,000 or so vins depending on how slow,it has become. I know I had to babysit the program a lot due to hanging the last times I did use it. i'm at 260,XXX if I remember right. Hoping it won't take more than a few hours to finish the coupes. I'll maybe run the program for the tste's after that and just throw all the output from it into a document to be sorted later.

• Like 1

Wow. Just ran through some TGP numbers and what a clusterf*** that was produced. After only fifty numbers it had generated like 250 erroneous ones and there's no easy way that I saw to differentiate between real ones anymore at a glance like before. Unless I can get it modified I won't be sorting through all that crap because it's almost akin to going through manually checking like I used to do. Really regret not finishing this when it worked properly. I guess 2,741 of 2,749 will have to do, lol. 2,741 because I found one false one on my final check between 200-277K.

• 2 weeks later...

1G5WP14V8LF298307

'90, red, tan leather, unknown original stereo, sunroof, unknown build date, 140,022 miles, scraped 9/2005 after motor blew.

Doesn't look like I have any pictures of the door sticker, and I know the spare tire cover wasn't the original, so the option sticker on that was bogus anyway.

I haven't read this whole topic, are you collecting TSTE VINs too?

1G5WP14V8LF298307

'90, red, tan leather, unknown original stereo, sunroof, unknown build date, 140,022 miles, scraped 9/2005 after motor blew.

Doesn't look like I have any pictures of the door sticker, and I know the spare tire cover wasn't the original, so the option sticker on that was bogus anyway.

I haven't read this whole topic, are you collecting TSTE VINs too?

That's a shame.  Where did it end up?

That's a shame.  Where did it end up?

It went to a local junkyard in RI. This was ten years ago, so it's long gone. I put my soul into that car and it bit me, so I bit back out of teenage frustration.

• 4 months later...

Carhax is sort of working again, slow but working.

Is it still spitting out tons of extras? I'll have to give it a go tomorrow or sometime. If it's working like it used to I'll run through all the numbers so I'll have them...