Carkhz316's Topswap Thread: IT RUNS pg5

carkhz316

Ohh, just wait. Haha. Mine started off a few months after I got it doing that while going up hill around 41-45mph. 3 years later it does it pretty much every day going into 4th gear at around the same speed.

Wow, I can't wait...:roll:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carkhz316

• Addicted to eaton

• Dark Ride

• AL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Big Update. So, I must confess that I was too impatient to try and setup a tune with someone over on any of the GP forums. Times just kept getting posted, so I caved and ordered a canned tune from ZZP along with renting their pulley puller. Got everything last Monday, installed PCM and swapped pulleys and ended up with same stumbling under any harder than easy throttle. Trans shifted fine though thanks to the correct gear ratios, (Thanks all who called that one:thumbsup:) and no more TCC hunting, WOOT. Was disappointed with crappy engine running though, so parked it for the time being. Thought about things and decided to triple/ quadruple check my plugs and gap since I saw it mentioned many times before about being particular issue. Also checked compression. 150 psi on all cylinders. The plugs on the other hand: Gap was still good on all, but color put me off. They were medium to brown; a little darker on some. Thought this was a little too rich. SO, I threw my stocker AC Delco Iridiums in (about 4 years old; ~30K miles) and guess what? IT RAN PERFECTLY. Been driving it since. Love the blower whine. Pulls pretty good. To early to tell how much giddy-up she really has since I'm taking it kinda easy for now to get it used to having the blower and to cycle my old crappy fuel out with some tankfulls of premium.

Only issue I have is since driving it, it's randomly (3 times now) just up and turns off. Won't start for a couple seconds, then starts just fine. Comes up with a P0101: MAF sensor/ circuit performance. I've changed and cleaned the MAF to a known good one and it did it once to the *new* one once yesterday, only difference being that it turned right back on in about 2 seconds as I was cruising at highway speed. I am in the process of running through a diagnostic flow chart at the moment to narrow it down, but suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Someday I'll have to figure out how to post vids so you guys know I'm not kidding that it actually runs and drives.:lol::dance: