KYB Strut Life

PCGUY112887

My rear end has been PARTICULARLY loud lately, kind of clunking and banging around over bumps, a little bit of groaning.

I think the middle links on my swaybar are getting bound up due to the stupid felt bushings used to install that Addco bar. There is no lube or anything between those bushings and the bar and the bushings have sort of slid around from where they were supposed to be, I know it needs to be taken apart and everything greased up super good.

But aside from that, the KYB struts in the rear are a bit older than the front ones. I had installed them less than a year ago onto my old sedan when I got my coupe, and to save money I uninstalled them from the sedan and moved them to the coupe. They are about 3 years old and maybe 40k miles on them. Unfortunately the KYB strut boots have not held up and are torn away sometimes exposing the metal rod of the strut, but last time I inspected it (6+ months ago) there was no signs of rust or anything starting yet on the rod.

Could these struts be going bad too? It's hard to bounce test my car since it's so stiff, it practically goes no where when you bounce on the rear you have to REALLY force it and it resumes the position quickly. I had to put the Moog pads under my monoleaf on my old sedan since 1 of the rubber pads had disappeared, but the rubber seems to be holding just fine in the coupe.