Spring detailing, what are your products of choice?

KingVee

I really want to find a soap gun, though.

They are amazing. I picked one up at a garage sale a couple of years ago, brand new for $5.. Found out it was the same one that sells online $50-$60! Gotta love garage sales (some of them at least :lol: )

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingVee

• terryk2003

• WhatTheFehl

• Euro

All of this talk about Turtle Wax Ice got me thinking. I bought a bottle when it came out a couple of years ago just to give it a shot. Used it once and it's sat since. I decided to clean my interior today, vacuum, vinyl, door jambs, etc and realized the Ice stuff would work well for waxing door jambs (no white residue). So I'll continue to use it for that sole purpose.

I use turtle wax F21 on my interior. I'm still experimenting with leather conditioner.

I wash the outside with a Meg's NXT Car Wash soap using the 2 bucket method, rinse then dry with my Absorber.

I use simple green under the hood.

Rain-X on the windows.

Eagle one for cleaner on tires and rims, and Eagle one shine for tires.

I've been using meg's scratch-x on the exterior with really good results. I follow up with Meg's NXT 2.0 which in my opinion is the best wax/sealant you can get over the counter. It lasts for like the whole year and it even hides some scratches. For darker cars I'll put some Gold Class on the day after the NXT 2.0 to help bring out the richness of the color. The NXT has to cure though for like a day before you get water on it.

As for that ICE stuff, I've tried the claybar, the paste polish, the interior cleaner, and the car wash and the only one i still use is the paste polish, but then again i don't even use it on the whole car, just the plastic parts, and basically anything black (works great on black trim pieces).

They are amazing. I picked one up at a garage sale a couple of years ago, brand new for $5.. Found out it was the same one that sells online $50-$60! Gotta love garage sales (some of them at least :lol: )

Damn, nice!!! Which one do you have?

Invisible glass for the windows.

Stoner's Invisible Glass?

That stuff is fucking magic!

I like that stuff too...I'm absolutely fucking HORRIBLE when it comes to cleaning windows. Any product, any way I use it, I always streak. But Stoner's give me less problems :lol:

Invisible glass for the windows.

Stoner's Invisible Glass?

That stuff is fucking magic!

I like that stuff too...I'm absolutely fucking HORRIBLE when it comes to cleaning windows. Any product, any way I use it, I always streak. But Stoner's give me less problems :lol:

I'm the same way and to be honest the first time I used invisible glass I thought my passenger window was rolled down and it wasn't! (before it was tinted)

You don't say... I was highly impressed in the day, but when I got in the car that same night when it was dark. I was like HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! :lol:

11045_199944528941_669723941_3955215_2137759_n.jpg

11045_199944553941_669723941_3955217_5722596_n.jpg

I use zaino products for the paint, armor all for the wheel wells, and Black Magic Matte tire spray for the tires. Makes the car look beautiful. The zaino products have got to be some of the best ones you can use. Main reason being that you can actually layer the products and increase the depth of the gloss. Top that off with the fact that they are also some of the easiest to apply/remove and some of the longest lasting products out there, and you have the perfect combination. I'm planning on picking up a Porter Cable orbital buffer and going over the regal to remove the minor swirls that it has.

As for the interior, I have a Bissel Auto-care shampooer (Basically it's a little green machine, but black) and just use dishsoap and water to clean all of the grime. To protect, I use only Aerospace 303.

IMGP5328-1.jpg

Here is a little sample of what the car looks like after a quick wash in the summer. The zaino coat on it was probably about 3 months old at that point

The only wax I'll use is Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax (No. 845), sure its $16 CDN for a bottle. But you barely use any and its soooooooo easy to apply and remove.

Sounds like nothing more than the normal wax.

If I could afford Zaino, I'd buy it. However, I'd also be sure that the paint is worth putting it on as well.

Collinite is certainly not your normal wax.

beatriceshowandshine.jpg

I'm just saying, $16 for a bottle of wax is not expensive.

Oh, my bad, pricewise its normal. I've converted many people to Collinite.... its so damn easy! My neighbour across the street is on OQCGP, he switched from Zaino to Collinite after seeing my car. Not saying that its soooo much better, but ease of application and price as well as quality makes it an easy choice for me.

If I could afford Zaino, I'd buy it. However, I'd also be sure that the paint is worth putting it on as well.

Agreed with this entire statement :lol:

It's a Gilmour, can't remember the model #, but at the time it was a $50 gun.. didn't even realize what I had till I got home and looked it up.. haha!

Considering my car only has the steering wheel and gear selector wrapped in leather, should I still invest in a leather conditioner/cleaner?

Considering my car only has the steering wheel and gear selector wrapped in leather, should I still invest in a leather conditioner/cleaner?

It'd probably be a good idea. My steering wheel gets real dirty if I don't clean it often

It'd probably be a good idea. My steering wheel gets real dirty if I don't clean it often

Mine will also get a sticky feel. I blame this on grabbing the wheel with wet hands. Not sure why that matters though.

Mine will also get a sticky feel. I blame this on grabbing the wheel with wet hands. Not sure why that matters though.

Good, I'm glad it's not just me :lol:. I don't even have dirty hands that often. Only when it's real humid outside/in the car is when my steering wheel gets sticky