More powerful washer pump?

Artemis

Yes, this is going to sound a little ridiculous, but its been bugging me. I have a CAI installed on my GTP, so I've removed the stock washer reservoir and replaced it with a 3rd Gen F-body reservoir mounted behind my bumper cover in the center. It happens to use the same pump as the GTP IIRC. I had to obviously use a longer hose for the washer fluid and I'm not getting good pressure. In fact when it sprays I get about halfway up the windshield. Any one have any suggestions on how I could fix this? I was thinking maybe some other GM car had a particularly powerful pump I could put in its place...

if you modify the nozzle to have a smaller opening, it will push the fluid farther when it shoots out...

you could always use a smaller diameter hose as well...

I say weak pump. I had a chevy venture that had a frozen hose, so i pulled the hose off of the pump and no joke it sprayed like 15 feet up in the air lol. I was in a shop. It was the rear washer pump for a chevy venture.

I'm with them... I have the same reservoir in my car and don't have any pressure issues.

Jamie

x2, mine works fine as well with that swap.

• 4 years later...

This came from I think a kia spectra, it had the pump in the bottom and fit well inside the fender, but I did have to relocate my vacuum ball. It shares that fender with the ugly ass cruise control box that's been banished to the fender as well.

post-4528-143689157014_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have a picture or part number for swapping in the third generation F-Body washer fluid reservoir?

You would just go to the junkyard and get it, although I'm not sure of it being from a 3rd gen. It was the 4th gen that had it in the bumper. Check the upload. It comes in Camaros from 1993-2002.

post-8125-14368915742_thumb.jpg