• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• mfewtrail

• slick

• Psych0matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy cow. I can't believe I've never seen this thread before. Excellent post!! Those pics immediately take me back. I haven't seen pics from our 03/04 meets in forever! The silver one was my96platinumgtp, Nate, if I remember correctly. He sold that to Juice's brother and got a GTX.

Edited by BrianG

Probably my favorite W of all time - 3.1 turbo 5 speed cutlass sedan. RIP Joshua. AwesomeCutlass.jpg slicks-2.jpg

Anyone have any more pics of this car or know what ever happened to it?

Pretty sure that's Jason's old 5pd/turbo swapped Cutlass. His username is Eclipse5302. I seem to remember something about him L67 swapping it at some point.

edit: Matt. The guy w/ that Regal had a user name like "firefighter" or something like that. Maybe browse the members list and find him. I know he posted a lot of in-progress pictures when he was painting it and fixing it up.

edit #2: ignore edit number one, I see you got that figured out already.

Edited by mfewtrail

I wonder if Jason still has that car. I loved it. I loved Josh's too though - I still have a ton of old emails from him back when I was thinking of doing the 5-speed swap. Such a good guy.

Matt, there is a good chance firefighters thread was lost during the switch. A large amount of stuff was lost.

And yeah, I remember eclipse's car. In fact, I bought a few things off of him way back when.

The firefighter guy was friends with turby back in the day. Somehow that relationship ended with firefighter either selling or scrapping one of turbys cars when he wasn't around or something. But he was local to me.

The firefighter guy was friends with turby back in the day. Somehow that relationship ended with firefighter either selling or scrapping one of turbys cars when he wasn't around or something. But he was local to me.

I remember how they were friends. Didn't know there was a falling out between the two though.

You ever hear from Turby anymore?

Is it sad that the only things I remember about turby being on here was how he owed people a bunch of money/parts? And was a huge dickhead about it?

I just remember that weird spoiler on the CS coupe.

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC One X

Yeah Firefigher and Turby had a falling out over scraping a car or something like that, shortly after that he disappeared from the forum, was supposed to send me a set of getrag 282 shift cables, never did. Owes some other people money/parts to this day IIRC.

Summer 2005...my old 96 Lumina. (now owned by 3pt1Lumina)

PDR_0136a.jpg

galenslumina1.jpg

Spring 2006. My FIRST Redfire 2003 Grand Prix GT. Took this down in Carlisle, PA and the car had about 25K miles on it at that time.

03gt.jpg

July 2006. My Old 03 GT at a rest area along I-80 in Central Nebraska on the way out to Wyoming. Just a couple hours after this was taken, this car almost had a near death experience with golfball size hail and did witness a small tornado about a mile south of the interstate out west of Ogalalla, Neb.

03inNeb.jpg

Fall 2006. my old 1993 Grand Prix SE 3.1. Taken in Weld County, Colorado....just over from the Wyoming State Line.

93inCo.jpg

Fall 2006. The 93 and the first 03.

2GPs.jpg

Fall 2007. My Current 2000 GTP on the very first long road trip I took with it. Back when it was pretty close to stock.

wyo1-2.jpg

Summer 2008. My old 1995 Z34 Monte.

Z34001.jpg

Edited by 9lumina6

Who The hell is Turby?

Join Date - Oct 2004

Sort of before your time, but I could swear he was still active as recent as maybe 2005...

http://web.archive.org/web/20041121210106/http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=9222d04832a6954d55797c571fea63bc

According to that, though, he was still around.

And Jay almost died!?? Was that the Aveo's mount taking a crap?

Edited by GP1138

I joined in '05 and I remember him. Well, I remember that car with the spoiler and those horribly '90s three spoke wheels.

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC One X