Why do YOU love YOUR W-Body?

WhatTheFehl

I suppose the best reason I like mine 'cuz it was a movie car and used as the Pace car in the Movie Days of Thunder filmed here at the Charlotte Motor Speedway and that fact that it is still practacially brand new: 89 McLearn Turbo with 7,100 miles!

I don't really have the money to get 'er running proper again so it sits in the garage covered up! However I have heard from car collectors that THIS ONE is worth some serious bucks!!! Some day may put it up for sale in some type of collector arena.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• jeremy

• Cam'ron

• WhatTheFehl

No light or windshield label.... it only has the four holes in the dash and the under trunk mounting scarps from the radio transmission equipment! The only other tell tale signs are the rubber marks on the lower front spoiler! Other than those it looks new and smells like "NEW LEATHER" when you open the doors!

I suppose the best reason I like mine 'cuz it was a movie car and used as the Pace car in the Movie Days of Thunder filmed here at the Charlotte Motor Speedway and that fact that it is still practacially brand new: 89 McLearn Turbo with 7,100 miles!

I don't really have the money to get 'er running proper again so it sits in the garage covered up! However I have heard from car collectors that THIS ONE is worth some serious bucks!!! Some day may put it up for sale in some type of collector arena.

McLearn how to spell.

:smile:

joking..

When I was a kid in the mid to late 90's. The cars that really caught my eye were the 91-93 B4U Grand Prixs. Especially the GTP's. The way they handle, the cool as hell sound of the LQ1, the interior, the really comfortable AQ9's, these cars have Character. When I drove that thing around, it felt like having a car unlike any other car. In my opinion, the 91-93 GTP is the neatest car inside and out that GM has ever built.

+1,000,000

Could not agree more, but I would go one further and say that the '91-'93 B4U GTP's are the best-looking front-wheel-drive car ever made. Period. It looks good from every angle. 'Nuff said about the exterior.

But the interior is awesome too. I love all the "needless complexity" of it. Buttons, dials, sliders, gages and displays everywhere. AQ9s may be the most comfortable seats ever, and the 2+2 rear buckets that mine has, with ample legroom, are incomparably cool. The 284 5-speed shifts like butter, the LQ1 sounds awesome, and despite being FWD it handles well, doesn't understeer and its limits are high. It took three engines, two transmissions, two clutches, dozens of parts stores runs for new parts and dozens more junkyard trips for small parts and other pieces, and five years to restore mine. If that's not love I don't know what is.

SANY0009.JPG

I want my car to have sex with that car!!!

When I was a kid in the mid to late 90's. The cars that really caught my eye were the 91-93 B4U Grand Prixs. Especially the GTP's. The way they handle, the cool as hell sound of the LQ1, the interior, the really comfortable AQ9's, these cars have Character. When I drove that thing around, it felt like having a car unlike any other car. In my opinion, the 91-93 GTP is the neatest car inside and out that GM has ever built.

+1,000,000

Could not agree more, but I would go one further and say that the '91-'93 B4U GTP's are the best-looking front-wheel-drive car ever made. Period. It looks good from every angle. 'Nuff said about the exterior.

But the interior is awesome too. I love all the "needless complexity" of it. Buttons, dials, sliders, gages and displays everywhere. AQ9s may be the most comfortable seats ever, and the 2+2 rear buckets that mine has, with ample legroom, are incomparably cool. The 284 5-speed shifts like butter, the LQ1 sounds awesome, and despite being FWD it handles well, doesn't understeer and its limits are high. It took three engines, two transmissions, two clutches, dozens of parts stores runs for new parts and dozens more junkyard trips for small parts and other pieces, and five years to restore mine. If that's not love I don't know what is.

SANY0009.JPG

I want my car to have sex with that car!!!

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COLOR!

....and back on topic :lol: .....I absolutely LOVE the exhaust note

Haha, only on w-body would you find young men fapping over early 90's SBXs!

Nah. I'm sure there are people on the Civic forums doing the same thing.

....and back on topic :lol: .....I absolutely LOVE the exhaust note

Haha, only on w-body would you find young men fapping over early 90's SBXs!

I wasn't talking about the convertible :)

I was just talking of the fapping above your post, since you said back on topic, :lol: