• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• jeremy

• Cam'ron

• WhatTheFehl

it still runs...

Winnar. and I hate to admit it, but I kinda like how big it is. It will be hard to get another car and have it be smaller. And then on top of it, its probably the coolest lumina ever!!! But I do like how a few changes transformed the way it looks...and im not even talking about paint.

W's have been in my family since I was a wee little boy. My grandpa drove the 96 Lumina since he got it brand new and that eventually became my first car and now he drives an 03 Impala LS. Same time my dad had the 95 Cutty since 98 or so and that has become my second car. Also my mom had a 97 Monte and now the Yellow 03 MCSS and its the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. I love my W because its like a family tradition, and its safe, reliable (except my cutty, but I love her), comfy, and I find W-Bodies attractive for a midsize car. I also plan on getting another car this spring for summer only, and I am leaning towards a GTP.

Its only left me stranded 3 times in the 150k miles I've had it (once with a pot metal coolant fitting, once when the tensioner pulley shattered, and now that the parking pawl is stuck), its taken me between California and Chicago 13 times, it handles great, it takes endless amounts of abuse, and its a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

My first car was a 1988 Saab 900 Turbo, but it broke down before I got to drive it by myself.

My second was a w-body, and I have a soft spot for them

what's not to love??? :dunno:

cheap, reliable, decent looking for being a midsize 90s car, parts interchangeability, etc.

No shit, just look at some the the w's on here...Aweb's comes to mind :drool:

Why do I like them, Probably because they are a practical solution to most things I want in a car

Practical: yes

Good in bad weather: yes

Fast: no, not really, but quick enough

handles good: sure

good fuel economy: yes

I simply do love these things, Not many other people do, and I love that. makes for cheap parts, and some uniqueness.

AJAM - Because she was my first ever car. Had sexy-looking leather seats, ECC and introduced me to steering wheel controls. Had a horrible grunt to the engine, and had character, it stalled a lot!!

AMY - Because in high school every day for two years I walked past a red Grand Prix coupe on my way to the bus going from school to home and I always wanted that car, and never thought it would happen. Then in 2006 on a whim I bought the damn car (not the same one but very similar). Probably one of the dumbest decisions that I've ever made, AMY has not been particularly good to me, but for some reason, like others before her when she dies, it's in a driveway, I'm glad that AJAM was able to teach her that before going away!! Love the B4U and wide handling.

AJAM II - It's actually somewhat fast!! Fun, handles well, and relatively problem-free compared to the other two.

Love in General, sporty enough with an insurance classification as: family sedan.

What do I hate??

These cars have all of these expensive parts. I wouldn't mind paying a fortune for struts, and there's "sport suspension" 4-wheel independant on some of these cars and the ride basically sucks.

I find that the driving experience is poorer driving some later Gen cars.

Who was the retard that designed the brakes on the cars up to 1993.

3-speed automatic in 1994??? And not on an entry-level compact car??

So, so many of these cars are beat on, and beat on BAD!

Why do I like them, Probably because they are a practical solution to most things I want in a car

Practical: yes

Good in bad weather: yes

Fast: no, not really, but quick enough

handles good: sure

good fuel economy: yes

I simply do love these things, Not many other people do, and I love that. makes for cheap parts, and some uniqueness.

X fucking 2

I have yet to get stuck once (knock on wood) for two bad winters in a row.

You just have to love the classic lines and timeless styling. I've always loved the six lights in the front end and the grill less look. I love the interior size as it fits me well at 6' 4" and that is rare in a convertible. I also love the unique look of the "roll bar" when the top is down. I love the standard body kit lines and the tail lights that blend into the lip spoiler. I love the response of the 3.4 DOHC but wish it was easier to maintain.

I saw a white on white Cutlass while serving in the military and promised myself I would have one, I fulilled my promise to myself six years ago and have never regretted the pleasure of dropping my top in sunny Arizona just about any day of the week.

:high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :jumpalot:

Easy, I love my prix because:

1. it was the first car I bought with my money.

2. I raced all kinds of cars and won 90% of the races.

3. almost nobody knew/knows what kind of car it is.

and a lot more reasons but those are the main ones :twisted:

Why do I love my "Rocket" (thas his name if ya didn't know :biggrin:)?

1. Always loved the Cutty coupe's styling. Looks mildly aggressive. Was always my favorite Pro Stock car in the NHRA

2. I wanted this exact car when I was at the event its badging totes (seen it when I was a kid).

3. He's taught me a lot on how to work on cars so far. Good project car.

4. He handles well in the snow so far. Hasn't slipped or slid in this Ohio snow (almost a foot this weekend).

5. Has just enough power for me. Doesn't like to drink that gas either (can get close to 300 mi. on my tank)

6. LOW MILES FOR IT'S AGE. Just about 84,000 miles on a 92, can't find that.

7. Cheap on insurance. Full coverage is as cheap as liability on some of my older vehicles

8. It's MY car. Not a hand me down from the parents cuz I wrecked mine or it died and I didn't have the money to buy

another car.

cheap to buy and run, unique, practical yet somewhat sporty.

Mine is the best looking one locally.

a BLAST to drive

Awesome exhaust note....even for stock

I have too many hrs of blood, sweat, and tears into it to let it go

Learned all of my automotive knowledge on this car.

Awesome road trip car...loves to sit at 90 mph and still get 27 mpg

It's de-badged and have had 2 cops ask me what it was when they pulled me over

My first car

Similar to Nichole:

I love monte carlos

I love (red) coupes

Also: I get a v8 and FWD, so the majority of people disagree with me, that's fine. I get the practicality I want in the car I love.

Looks. I really like how my 89 looks. Just this morning, even though it's all salty and disgusting, I still turned around repeatedly to look back and admire it as I was walking away.

Digital dash. Truly my favorite feature of the interior of the car. Even after all these years, I'm not bored of it.

Cheap to own. The car has only left me stranded twice in 16-years. I think that's good, though I'm not sure. It doesn't need work very often, and when it does, parts are cheap and it's easy to fix.

Fun to drive. Well, I made it fun to drive. It sucked donkeys before I upgraded the suspension, but now it's a blast. I love the stiff suspension and virtually no body lean in corners.

Honestly, I wish I didn't love my 89 so much. I would love to get something different and I don't have room for another car unless I get rid of it. It's a love-hate relationship. I hate that I love this old clunker so much!

Digital dash. Truly my favorite feature of the interior of the car. Even after all these years, I'm not bored of it.

reason number 2 why i love cuttys: the most awesome digi dash i've ever seen. reason #1 is the option for vert...

5 speed w/ 7000 rpm redline

quick for it's age

super cheap insurance

big interior

not many people seem to know about these so most people think it's way newer than what it actually is

every time i take it somewhere for tires, alignment, etc they always love the sound

surprises (or scares) people that ride with me on how well it handles

i can mash the gas right before 4 grand and make it seem way faster than it really is lol

no point in ever getting rid of it because i wouldn't get much for it anyway so might as well enjoy it

The look of it, especially the contrast between the black and white, and even more when it glows at night and I can look at it out my work window :drool:

Even though I treat it better than many treat their cars,still likes to give me grief, but I still enjoy it just as much as the first day I got her.