Blower motor replacement - '93 GP

SnowDrift

I've read this is about a 10 minute job. Does anyone have experience doing this on this car?

Mine quit today with a high of 9 degrees and the errands I ran after work were a joy. Thankfully, I'm not Amish, though. I think they have it worse than I did. :mrgreen:

not hard to do.

might be power related and not the actual blower though. if you have a test light or multimeter you should unplug the motor and see if it lights or detects voltage on some or any of the fan settings.

The guy that said it was 10 minutes was on dope. Now that I've done it once, though, I could probably knock it out again in a half hour-45 minutes. Not a bad job, really. It's nice to have a heater blower when it's 22 degrees outside.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note to add. Removing the fuse panel just in front of the blower motor makes a world of difference on this job. There are two screws that can be removed with a 7/32" socket. The screws for the blower motor, itself are (3) 7mm. I located them by way of using a mirror after feeling around a while for them.

I hope this helps someone in the future.