• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertISaar

• xtremerevolution

• Wheels

• Garrett Powered

I too would love an early 4th gen F-body ram air-style hood for my GP, but I believe the only way to do that is custom... *sigh*

There is a member that used to frequent here that had a 95 GP with the WS6 Trans Am style scoops on his hood. Looked pretty bad ass. Not sure if it was a hood he had made or if it was a from a company or something. His screen name was BlackBombShell95 or something along those lines. Unfortunately he doesnt own the car anymore and doesnt frequent this site.

I too would love an early 4th gen F-body ram air-style hood for my GP, but I believe the only way to do that is custom... *sigh*

There is a member that used to frequent here that had a 95 GP with the WS6 Trans Am style scoops on his hood. Looked pretty bad ass. Not sure if it was a hood he had made or if it was a from a company or something. His screen name was BlackBombShell95 or something along those lines. Unfortunately he doesnt own the car anymore and doesnt frequent this site.

he does show up on 60V6 every once in a while. he's actually the person who i bought most of the things needed to do my OBD1 conversion back in ~2007

a healthy 3400 with headers and what look like SBC narrow body full roller rockers, i would be PISSED if it was anything less than 200HP crank.

Why would one spend that much money on a 3400 when you could get the same numbers out of an L67 swap?

a healthy 3400 with headers and what look like SBC narrow body full roller rockers, i would be PISSED if it was anything less than 200HP crank.

Why would one spend that much money on a 3400 when you could get the same numbers out of an L67 swap?

same reason i ask why someone would bother with a L67 when the LZ9 makes the same HP with no blower and only a .1 liter increase in displacement: we all like different things.

same reason i ask why someone would bother with a L67 when the LZ9 makes the same HP with no blower and only a .1 liter increase in displacement: we all like different things.

I am pretty sure he is still around, but he frequents clubgp now.

he didn't want to do the l67 swap because he feels that must be above everyone else and not do what is normally done.

i dont remember what he was running with it.

the car is sweet though

He still has the car.

I talk to him frequently....I'm not sure if his motor is back in the car or not....he was waiting for a trans to come from the builder for a long time.

It's built for NOS....he's hoping for 400 CHP IIRC.

best pic in the history of the internets.

the whole interTubez? i thought the goatse/tubgirl hybrid guro was the best.....

best pic in the history of this site, no doubt

Mike(lakefxgp96) had a custom hood on his former car. If I remember correctly, he needed a little extra clearance after adding an intercooler to the car(l67 swap + other mods, it was running mid 12's before he got rid of it).

album_pic.php?pic_id=2407

"yes the hood has need some adjustments!"

There are 2 or 3 others with custom hoods over at clubgp, but I can't think of their screennames. One of the cars is repainted a non-stock blue color and might have the same warbird style hood as blackbomshell's.

That warbird hood is hideous! It looks alright on a '94-96, but it wouldn't flow with the '89-93 GPs.

Now...if you had a lot of money, you could buy the '82-92 F-Body:

AS-ta500.jpg

And buy the GP hood:

GM%2088-96%20Grand%20Prix%20Front.jpg

And swap the scoops from the F-body hood to the Grand Prix hood. Fiberglass is easy to work with and repair.

I really like that red F-body hood and its not too extreme to put on a GP. If i could find a hood scoop like that, then i would probably have it molded on mine. Otherwise, a GTP hood with those louvers will just have to do.