Great website to see how rare your car is!

IRONDOG442

It sure as hell does!

I guess it's like finding an S10 with SWC...They're out there, but hard as hell to find!

Really? I test drove one with them today. The dealer was asking to much thou. The intake manifold was visibly leaking oil out the front, CEL on, and a few other problems.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ManicMechanic

• IRONDOG442

• Night Fury

• tornado_735

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vehicle: CUTLASS SUPREME 2 DR

Year: 1996

Build Date: 1995-11-09

47U EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY (47U)

EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY,EURO RED (47U)

EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY,MED DK LICHEN (47U)

So only 341 96 CS came in my color, I guess that pretty much kills any hope for finding one in the yards around here for door and fenders LOL.

There are 12 2003 BRAVADA 4 DR vehicles (0.013%) matching your exact options list. There are 96 (0.104%) with at least as many options.

There were 14,000 black 2003s that is my rarest option! LOL

There are 150 1999 INTRIGUE GL 4 DR vehicles (0.381%) matching your exact options list. There are 150 (0.381%) with at least as many options.

My white 1999 has 3.29 FDR I did not know that !

And my color isnt arctic white its, PRIMARY COLOR EXT,WHITE KODIAC FROST(97) (16U)

And RADIO AM/FM STEREO, SEEK/SCAN, AUTO REV MUSIC SEARCH CASS, AUTO TONE, CLOCK, ETR. STEREO,AM/FM W/AUTO REV CASSETTE,AUTO TONE(UL0)

1,555 LOL only 1,500 1999 Intrigues had factory cassette only radios mine WAS one !

I also have Export emissions!

NC7 EMISSION SYSTEM,UNLEADED FUEL(EXPORT) UNLEADED FUEL(EXPORT)(NC7)

My dads 2002 is one of 19,224 cars with a RATIO TRANSAXLE FINAL DRIVE 3.05 3.05R(F83) so only 303 2002 cars got the 3.29 FDR !

Here's his cars data:

There are 55 2002 INTRIGUE GX 4 DR vehicles (0.282%) matching your exact options list. There are 55 (0.282%) with at least as many options.

This is also a great buyers tool if you are looking to see a what options a car came with if you are supplied the vin#

According to the numbers, of all 98,958 built, 98,957 had the 4T60-E

What the hell did the other one have? I didn't think the 3100 was available with a 5-speed.

What did the other one have?

My wife's old black Intrigue was the rarest car of all the ones I have except the Zebra it was also a late 1999.

Vehicle: INTRIGUE GLS 4 DR

Year: 1999

Build Date: 1999-06-02

There are 1 1999 INTRIGUE GLS 4 DR vehicles (0.006%) matching your exact options list. There are 1 (0.006%) with at least as many options.

There are 1 1999 INTRIGUE GLS 4 DR vehicles (0.006%) matching your exact options list. There are 1 (0.006%) with at least as many options.

do you really believe there there is not a single other '99 Intrigue with the exact same options ??? ....these cars were mass produced commuter vehicles, yet almost everyone on this forum seems to have a one of a kind :rolleyes:

do you really believe there there is not a single other '99 Intrigue with the exact same options ??? ....these cars were mass produced commuter vehicles, yet almost everyone on this forum seems to have a one of a kind :rolleyes:

I agree.

I prefer to look at the breakdown of the amount of vehicles with the same options as mine. For me, the rarest was the color option of my car, which I expect. 2nd was the Traction Control switch, which I again expected.

For most of the W's, I expect the rarer options to be 5 speeds, emissions, hud, dic, 4 door regals with rear bucket seats, etc...

I disagree, first off her car was absolutely loaded! And this website breaks down GX GL and GLSs separately. if you ever took a probability class you'd know with 2 or 3 choices of 100 or more options yields over a million possibilities. This is a logarithmic scale!

My Dads Intrigue has 55 other GX clones EXACTLY like it that was built and that seems like a VERY high number to me based on the amount of possible options. Run your vin and see how many thing are listed for example a 1999 Intrigue came with 7 emissions setups ALONE ! This website breaks it down way too much IMO, when you break anything down that much you will end up with a low number.

Secondly with as many possibilities of options available like colors of exterior and different interior trim colors her car had 3 different colored interior trim.And again with so few people that bought GLS cars in any year it didn't surprise me that it was rare.

For example there were 16,041 GLS intrigues built in 1999 of them 3,449 were black of all them of them 898 were BOSE equipped, of them 128 of them had chrome wheels, of them 13 had a spoiler, and of them 1 had tri colored oak leather interior trim, do you see my point now?

I would love to see the calculation this thing uses. I agree with Rob, there is so much breakdown on the amount of options that I can almost guarantee that almost every VIN put into the website is probably 1 of >100.

Had they eliminated the BS options, such as emissions, exact spring code (not package, just code), etc.... things that most people really don't care about, you would find many many more matches.

Just think about the massive amount of combinations though...for all x colours of paint there are y interior colours, z engine options, yada yada yada. By the time you go though all of the available choices buyers have, there are a huge amount of unique cars.

But, in 30 years, exactly how many people are going to be looking for a 1995 Regal with this spring code, that radio, that color interior/exterior, certain package, emissions or no emissions, etc....

My guess, nobody. Because really, outside of this, and a few other select websites, how many people actually, actively care about these cars- My guess is less than 3000. And I will venture to guess that number will dwindle even lower as these cars rust out, get lots of mileage, etc....

I doubt the virtues of that website myself, I mean really how are so many of these totally mass produced cars so unique?

You need to re read my post, this website uses the Data that GM uses when you take your car to the dealership they ask for your last 6 digits and KNOW everything about your car. Soooo many people would kill to have that as an option for old classic cars but unfortunately they didn't keep those kind of records. This thing just compares your car with all of those databased on a GM log. THe simple fact that it caught my Zebras info correctly virtually proves to me this data base is 100% inclusive and accurate. I had to register the Zebra for a warranty when I first bought it and the dealerships computer couldnt find records of my car for a month. Also FTR i cross checked the data regarding the Intrigues that were contained at fairfax plant versus the 4 cars or show Intrigues that were built that year the code WD1 showed 4 cars were contained, coincidentally there were 4 GM show Intrigues built that year.

1. 2001 OSV Intrigue

2. 2001 Saturday Night Special Intrigue

3. 2001 SC-3 intrigue

4. 2001 Polar Bear Intrigue

The fact they have that specific RPO logged by itself shocks the shit out of me, and the fact that the magic number 4 shows up and is accurate seals the deal for me.

This also answers the question for me whether or not GM used random production cars or had cars set aside to have MSX redo for show cars specifically, that RPO code tells me and all of the cars respective and corresponding vin#s that the cars when being built originally were destined for the mods and not random.

Some of the info is ok on that site, but the whole "X of X with exact options" is not correct. It says only 10 grand prix's have the same exact options as my '90 Red TGP for example. The only "options" on these cars were leather, cd, & sunroof. I have more than 10 TGP's listed already that are identical to mine in every way.

PS: It's also wrong about my '93 GP. It lists it as a "GT" even though it's an SE.

EDIT: "There are 1 1993 GRAND PRIX GT 2 DR vehicles (0.003%) matching your exact options list." :lol:

1990 TGP:

LG5 ENGINE,3.1L(3.1V),V6,EFI 3.1V(LG5)

1990 STE:

Z02 TURBO PERFORMANCE PACKAGE TURBO PERFORMANCE PKG(Z02)

TURBO PERFORMANCE PACKAGE(MERCHANDISING OPTION) TURBO PERFORMANCE PKG(Z02)

I've run a few '89 TGPs with no results.

I tried a few late '89 VIN's with no results as well. If it did produce results, it would show "751" 1989 TGP's because that 1990 quote was from the Pontiac Historical Society.

I have always suspected that the Zebra Intrigue had PCS because when being started the PCS light illuminates, but Since I have never owned another 2001 Intrigue that did not have PCS I didn't know if every cars idiot light came on when the car was started, after seeing that my RPO sticker on my Zebra and my white Intrigue were exactly correct of what this website supplied. I had to check, so I took the inside of my console out of the zebra to see if the BOSCH PCS lateral accelerator (G force) meter was under the Zebras console. It's there, so the car has it, but why GM chose to no reapply the emblem on the trunk is beyond me.

if anyone looks up their vin# and sees ANY erroneous reporting to their ACTUAL RPO sticker, please let me know

Some of the info is ok on that site, but the whole "X of X with exact options" is not correct. It says only 10 grand prix's have the same exact options as my '90 Red TGP for example. The only "options" on these cars were leather, cd, & sunroof. I have more than 10 TGP's listed already that are identical to mine in every way.

PS: It's also wrong about my '93 GP. It lists it as a "GT" even though it's an SE.

EDIT: "There are 1 1993 GRAND PRIX GT 2 DR vehicles (0.003%) matching your exact options list." :lol:

1990 TGP:

1990 STE:

I tried a few late '89 VIN's with no results as well. If it did produce results, it would show "751" 1989 TGP's because that 1990 quote was from the Pontiac Historical Society.

Not of all of GMs data bases are correct, remember its just like a credit report you always have people entering data incorrectly.

1990 TGP:

1990 STE:

You say every way, I doubt that, especially when broken down TO EVERY RPO? emssions, front license place bracket, etc, etc.

thank you for sharing those numbers......that's exactly what I was was talking about and the TGP is a perfect example......only 10 that are equipped the same? ....yeah right :rolleyes: ...

I thought the site was wrong when mine was returned saying my car is an LE, but I checked further down and found "SE Merchandising Option". It then went on to list the correct colour-matched wheels, exterior colour, and a lot of the smaller options like cargo net and front arm rest.

Oh, and apparently my interior is "Garnet Red", now I know for when I try to find a new carpet and floor mats. :high5:

thank you for sharing those numbers......that's exactly what I was was talking about and the TGP is a perfect example......only 10 that are equipped the same? ....yeah right :rolleyes: ...

But come on actually look at the options and RPOs listed here guys it breaks it down to accent stripe, and front license plate brackets, and that's a state by state basis. I am sure if its broken down to THAT finite of a filter, these numbers are very close and if not 100% accurate the closest we will EVER get in regards to what was specifically built! I sold cars new I know I took many special ordered Firehawks and WS-6s I know that for example there was an RPO for a full size spare which didnt fit in the spare well but sat in the trunk, when you reduce the ridiculous you end up with a VERY small number and I personally doubt very much that mfewtrail actually went and popped both cars trunks and verified that the RPO decal was EXACTLY the same.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE IF ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY VERIFY THAT AN RPO IS LISTED ON YOUR SPECIFIC VEHICLE PROVIDED BY THIS WEBSITE THAT DOES NOT APPEAR ON YOUR RPO TAG IN YOUR CAR LET ME KNOW!

Not of all of GMs data bases are correct, remember its just like a credit report you always have people entering data incorrectly.

Maybe that site bases the information off of all RPO codes and not just the stuff it shows us online. If that's the case, then I guess it's possible my car does only have 10 identical matches. I do know that I once listed my front coil spring code on the TGPForums and my springs were one step stiffer(going by Shawn L's chart on the old main site here) compared to other TGP's

Maybe that site bases the information off of all RPO codes and not just the stuff it shows us online. If that's the case, then I guess it's possible my car does only have 10 identical matches. I do know that I once listed my front coil spring code on the TGPForums and my springs were one step stiffer(going by Shawn L's chart on the old main site here) compared to other TGP's

The typo here is quite ironic, don't ya think?