Code help

MonteCarloChick

Yeah.... and I looked for that too, but didn't see it. Maybe difference in years? Rachel is gone for the day, so I can't get anymore pictures.

I didn't think that the access ports came until the 2nd gen platform, but if you think there may be an access plate, that would make life much nicer.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MonteCarloChick

• slick

• BXX

• tornado_735

My '96 Cutlass doesn't have a access plate under the rear seat, and I don't remember seeing anything in the trunk either, but who knows, it's worth checking before dropping the tank.

That hose coming out of the firewall with a 90 degree bent is the condensation drain for the HVAC, and should be pointing down and have nothing plugged into it. You can ignore that as a cause of your issues. Good luck, and if you need a picture of something else, or something confirmed, I might be able to do that for you. The car is outside on the driveway, and it's only -15 celsius. :willynilly: :lol: Hope you can figure it out soon!

My '96 Cutlass doesn't have a access plate under the rear seat, and I don't remember seeing anything in the trunk either, but who knows, it's worth checking before dropping the tank.

That hose coming out of the firewall with a 90 degree bent is the condensation drain for the HVAC, and should be pointing down and have nothing plugged into it. You can ignore that as a cause of your issues. Good luck, and if you need a picture of something else, or something confirmed, I might be able to do that for you. The car is outside on the driveway, and it's only -15 celsius. :willynilly: :lol: Hope you can figure it out soon!

-24ºC windchill though!!

-24ºC windchill though!!

On 2nd thought, ask someone else for help. :lol: J/K, if you need something I can try anyways.

And damn you Jeff, for bringing the bad news. :lol:

Boyfriend again.

Assembled all the crap I took apart yesterday for the effing solenoid.

Pulled plug #6, car has spark.

Removed cap on passenger side of fuel rail behind power steering res. Pintle pressed all the way in, NOTHING.

Cranked car with pintle all the way in, NOTHING.

I'm not going to attempt the pump, the access plate I THOUGHT was there, was just a harness behind the driver side rear seat. Not to mention she has half a tank+ of gas....

New pump, harness, and strainer bought, waiting for a tow to the shop now.

Could a weak/dying pump cause O2 sensor codes? Random/Multiple misfire codes?

And could it cause a 0171 too lean code on only one bank?

Yes because the engine wasnt getting enough fuel to burn at 14.7:1 so it was running lean, causing the lean 02 sensor code and with how little fuel there was in there, it probably wouldnt be enough to spark it, causing a misfire

New fuel pump is in and the car ran like it did (if not better than) before! So while replacing everything else before the pump.. she got a nice tune up. And it really shows.

Thanks so much again guys. I love you!