what would you guys do?

18incholdz

allright, this winter i am taking out a 10,000 dollar loan so i can do shit to my car....The three things that i am definetly going to do is put the 3800 s/c in my car, and since i dont have to pay for installation that should only cost me about 2 grand...2nd I am going to put the coilovers in the rear of my car and lower the front of it..that should be about 6-800 bucks, and 3rd i am taking to get ghost flames put on the front, have the turn signals on the fenders shaved, and have the antenna shaved...that should about 1200 bucks....so that leaves me with 6000 dollars to play with...should i build up the motor, do interior and stereo work? or what else could i do to a 95 olds cutlass supreme????

Build up the engine:

CIA

SC pulley

Extrude hone and build up the heads

Cat back exhaust, maybe P&P the exhaust manifold

Upgrade the ignition

Intercooler

Add strut tower braces on both the front and the rear. Beefier sway bars.

Upgrade the brakes.

The start on the interior. I'm a stereo is last kind of guy.

yeah stereo last, just as long as some kind of speakers are in the car and a cd player, the other guys can't hear your radio unless your speedin' past em'. don't want an' all show no goer do ya

how do you not have to pay for install???? The motor and trans* will be more than $2,000. If your gonna do the swap might as well get the motor new and a rebuilt tranny. I say do the interior and leave the outside stock "maybe new paint but no flames" so it is a sleeper.

I am unsure if you can use the 4t60e for the l67*

I'm assuming he's gonna install it himself...that would be free. :)

I'd go for an engine build up. :twisted:

Cam

Modular Snout

3.2" Pulley

DHP PCM

Stage II Heads

TOG Headers

Cheetah FWI

ZZP Intercooler

Intense LSD (Or a quaife, if you feel spendy..but really any kind of LSD will work)

Stage II Ported Blower

LS1 TB

:D

I'm always anit-stero upgrades...I don't even like exterior upgrades that much. That's why I'd go for the engine build-up :)

Although I do kinda like the turbo 3.4 idea. :twisted:

leave the 3.4 thast in it(i hope) and trbo it, then youll have 350hp thatll waste a Z06.

:bs:

w3rd, TimG has said the turbo DOHC is COMEPLETELY custom and has already run him $3K-$4K. For what he wants, an L67 and tranny would be much cheaper

Robby

allright, this winter i am taking out a 10,000 dollar loan so i can do shit to my car....

$10K? I think a new cart is in order; especially when you're tackin' on a loan.

I couldn't get the "out-of-the-box" performance I wanted from my W-Body; so I changed it up.

When you're dumping that much cash you better be making some impressive numbers / times.

Or else it means nothing in my [personal] books...

This is not a negative posting, mearly a basic reality check. Think about it, do you want to be in debt, again?

- Erik

i already have a stereo that is loud as hell..but i meant get the fiberglass enclosure and do shit like that...and i'm not doing a 3.4 turbo because i would rather have spend my money buying a 3800 than a 3.4....i dont so much care about the sleeper look, i want the flames to make it stand out amongst the crowd, something where people will look and go.."wow"...and i'm getting the installation free because my friend knows a mechanic who will let me use his garage if my friend and i do the swap...

leave the 3.4 thast in it(i hope) and trbo it, then youll have 350hp thatll waste a Z06.

well.... you'd need about 10 - 15 HP more than the vette, and somehow, increase the torque to be a little higher, then it could keep up to the vette.... since the Vette is like 3200lbs.... and, and definately a manual tranny :lol:

allright, this winter i am taking out a 10,000 dollar loan so i can do shit to my car....

$10K? I think a new cart is in order; especially when you're tackin' on a loan.

I couldn't get the "out-of-the-box" performance I wanted from my W-Body; so I changed it up.

When you're dumping that much cash you better be making some impressive numbers / times.

Or else it means nothing in my [personal] books...

This is not a negative posting, mearly a basic reality check. Think about it, do you want to be in debt, again?

- Erik

:withstupid: spend that 10g's on a car that you can buy for half of your money that will be faster than your car will be with all the money you put into it. you can get a DAMN nice f-body for 10 thou, i bet you can get a decent early vette for less than 10 g's too, in the carshow here in bemidji a couple years ago this guy was selling a 71 corvette, completely bone stock, damn near mint condition with a 350, no body damage or anything wrong with the car for 9 thousand.

10 grand into a car with a book value of $500, after everything's done it'll probably go down in value, especially if everything isn't done by a professional, and can't show receipts for everything

If I were you, I'd disregard all the negativity. If you want to sink money into your W, than do it. I wish I could.

You could probably save a little money by using your existing tranny. The 4t60e CAN be built to withstand a lot of extra power. Wouldn't hurt to visit a tranny shop and get some parts from a hd 4t65e, a lot of things are interchangeable among the two.

I'm no expert on tranny's but one of the transmission guys at work built a 4t60 to mate with a 350 sbc, in a fiero, runs 12's in the quarter and put's lots of miles on it. The big thing is to block of the accumulators, the tranny will shift as hard as hell, but no slippage between clutches at all.