• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DefEddie

• pontiac6ksteawd

• Garrett Powered

• Addicted to eaton

Need a cam sensor like the 3x00 engines if you plan on going obd2..

Honestly, just get a 3400 and slap the tgp stuff on. Port match the manifolds to the 3400 heads and you in business

x2

You would be further ahead anyhow no matter what if you got one of the other engines mentioned in this thread anyhow. The TGPs tended to break their transmissions anyhow...

Those pics are of it parked on my west lawn by my shop.

On the top of the ridge is a 1969 bronco,and underneath it is an 87? ramcharger.

In front of it is an 86 fiero i'm stripping to build a custom interior.

Next to it is my real project,92 GMC 2dr AWD Yukon convertible-turbocharged vortec 5.7l,custom fuel injection using LS6

PCM,MAF etc..

I need to pull the ramcharger and fiero around back,the red fiero is sold and will be picked up next week.

My bad that is a Ramcharger. Got any pics of the Bronco and Yukon?

To the people saying he should fix the car up remember it has NO TITLE. If OK is anything like NY a car with no title is useless except for parts.

Actually in oklahoma it's pretty simple to get a title.

Most of OK is rural,and there are alot of cars pulled from fields.

I have no desire to get the title though.

I will take some pics of the bronco and yukon if I remember.

Nothing special about either really,the bronco is a hunting rig-all stock with a winch the width of the bumper :)

The yukon is in process,and stripped almost completely. Body will be sent to be cleaned up and get a new floor channeled 2in over the frame while the frame gets chopped a little also.

Not much going on at work so I just came home for the day (Ford technician).

Tried to pick the ignition lock to get the key turned on and see where i'm at.

Somebody has already tried that though and messed up the pins enough it broke my lucky diamond pick.

So I guess i'll be hotwireing the ignition.

Offhand if anybody has an ignition wiring diagram I could use it,also I didn't see any way to start pulling the steering wheel or column cover to get to the ignition switch.

I can do it under the dash,but i'm sure i'm missing something simple.

Looks to be missing the idler pulley and tensioner assembly,other than that pretty much complete.

Here's the interior,looks like somebody got into some sauce and just starting punching pretty stuff.

Some people have no respect for vehicles at all.

a5c4ccb8.jpg

cb0cf8b6.jpg

8edbf737.jpg

214fb3a5.jpg

3989eab2.jpg

4bf5116a.jpg

Actually worse than drunk okies.

I met the guy that lived there once,he is?/was a heroin addict.

He mentioned being on methadone for life etc..

He was pretty wacked out,not sure if it was his(don't think so).

If it was drunk okies it would actually be worse.

We usually put rounds through them.

I've got a 45-70 buffalo rifle that will put a hole through that thing from one end to the other,longways. :)

More than a few fox body's and dodge rams have been killed around here by a 30 pack and an AK47 with magnesium tips.

Clips are for homeowners,drums last longer :)

Got a chance to go out there for a minute.

Interior actually looks like it will clean up nice,maybe some new carpet.

Seats look good,just need cleaned I think.

Trunk was almost spotless,nothing in it unfortunately.

It did have a brand new nice set of 6x9" Kenwoods in it,not the cheapies either :)

They will fit nicely into the rear deck on the wifes impala.

I'm honestly not seeing a whole lot that I want from it.

Reading descriptions from online,the HUD gets it's inputs from boards in the speedo.

I was hoping to just route inputs to it parallel with the speedo inputs.

In the middle of a digital dash build,and don't really wanna scrap it as i'm most of the way home.

Here's a pic of the RPO codes,found the sticker under the trunk carpet.

I'm betting a for sale ad will be up before the end of the week,but i've not even turned the key on yet so who knows.

e25aef9f.jpg

Should have wiring diagrams this evening,so tomorrow i'll work on hotwiring probably.

Don't like to work in the dark,and don't have the correct tools here at home.

The car is an auto and I don't have a manual tranny parts car to pull what I need.

Plus I don't like messing with manual tranny's.

I love to shift,but hate messing with clutches etc..

Would rather dig through an auto valvebody any day.

I can program shifts,and valvebodies can be modified for ratchet shifting.

Auto is just easier on me,but damn a manual would be fun and I could control load/spool a bit.

If you guy's are interested in parts,I would go ahead and post up what you might want.

I think someone already wants the wheels and body kit.

Feel free to move this to the for sale section if needed,but I plan to make a seperate thread.

Just curious what people are looking for so I can give it a glance while i'm out there.

Price's will be low and I might do trades depending what I need.

I hate to break apart a collectable but the time,money and hassle isn't worth it for me.

My wife confirmed this for me.

Time is scarce around here with full time job,part time job and 2 kids.

I'll post up a for sale thread in a few days,when I have a chance to play with it more and decide what I might use from the car.

Till then i'm just looking for ideas of what might be needed,nothing is for sale till the for sale ad is up.

Sorry guys,I understand if you yell.

(I'll continue to update this thread with condition)

Def

Too bad, it has a low vin for a 90.

I was just about to post that! Out of the 1990 VIN's I have thus far, this one is 10th on the list...so pretty low.

Go ahead and start a separate for sale thread in the appropriate section and make sure to take a look at the for sale section rules before posting

His VIN is 1G5WP14VXLF210213

My VIN is 1G5WP14V7LF295155

Carfax shows it as a TGP, just trying to understand the difference in the VIN, the X and the 7? ANyone know?

That digit is simply a check digit for VIN to verify authenticity.

Info is per your turbograndprix.com page.

mfewtrail

Are you databasing these cars?

I emailed the guy at the above website about sending him any info he needs for the TGP database.

No answer yet.

Simply let me know what info you need and i'll be glad to post it up for you.

Went out tonight for a little while to pull the speakers from the rear deck to put in my wifes car.

Had my interior tool kit with me so ended up pulling alot of other stuff.

Pulled the C pillars down and map light console.

Also pulled the HUD unit,climate controls and stereo,center console and shifter.

Had to drop the steering column real quick to disconnect the shift interlock cable.

Didn't have my wiring diagram and didn't feel like hooking up the battery or cables so I didn't hotwire the ignition.

Haven't pulled them yet,but found a sweet set of Kenwood 4x6's in the door also that will fit in my fiero temporarily while I build my dash.

Also found a steering wheel controls adapter partially connected to the stereo.

Earlier today I got out there and attempted to trigger the starter.

Only had a few basic tools though and couldn't pull the dogbone to get the fan out to access the starter well enough.

I did get my remote starter switch hooked up momentarily and got it to crank over about a half turn each time I hit it.

Don't have enough voltage going to it though.

My lawnmower battery (which I use to power parts cars) is in our church's school bus currently and I don't feel like yanking one of my others-jumpers aren't cutting it.

I got out there too late tonight so didn't want to turn on the compressor and use the air tools to remove the seats.

My neighbors are far enough away it probably doesn't matter,but again I would need to power the car up to move the driver seat forward (I tested it earlier and it works).

Tomorrow if I leave work early i'll get the seats pulled and cleaned up.

They look to be in great shape,along with the rears.

That digit is simply a check digit for VIN to verify authenticity.

Info is per your turbograndprix.com page.

mfewtrail

Are you databasing these cars?

I emailed the guy at the above website about sending him any info he needs for the TGP database.

No answer yet.

Simply let me know what info you need and i'll be glad to post it up for you.

Yes, I'm keeping a record of VIN's, options, and build dates for these cars and will eventually put what I have online. I have a lot more cars listed than Jeff M.(turbograndprix.com owner) has on his site. Jeff hasn't been around in a long time, so I wouldn't expect a response from him. I emailed him 2-3 years ago to ask a question and never got a response. He disappeared from the boards back a few years ago for some unknown reason. The turbograndprix.com domain name has been renewed recently because the site wasn't there a couple of weeks ago...

From your pictures, I already have info on the options on your car and the VIN. All I need now is the build date if your still have the "ASC" sticker on the driver's door(located below the door latch area).

Those are pretty uncommon seats for the TGP. Most were leather, very few were cloth. If they are in good shape, which most cloth seats are, they should bring decent coin. The only problem is, we own W-Bodies, so inherently, we are all broke LOL!

I thought about that for about a split second at first.

Honestly I didn't really weigh the odds though.

At work when we have a locked up ign/no key then the last thing we want to do is drill it out.

Then again,that is because we have to reinstall another.

I'll take my cordless drill and titanium bits out there and just do that.

Thanks for making me give it a second thought-I forget that it doesn't need to go back together. :)

I generally have a severe allergy for destroying things/hackjobs.