My Accident's Hidden Damage.. HID's Installed and Pics to compare

94GPGTP

Well friday afternoon its been raining all day and on my way home i rearended someone in a Black 06-09 Dodge Magnum.. All i saw was a sudden stop with brake lights and when i braked my tires locked up and i slid into him at about 15 MPH.. all i heard was crunch.. We pull over to the side and check it all out and with our cars being black any paint trading you really cant tell.. So he asked me for 50 buck i told him i have no cash.. he then asked me to fill his tank and so i did went to the gas station and put 35 bucks in to top his tank off.. After that we both went our ways.. Never see each other again.. After i think about it i think its wierd but maybe not.. who knows.. So today i went to the junkyard today and pullled the bumper cover and brace behind it to use on my car.. When i got home i decided to take a closer look at my car and sure enough the metal bumper support was bent like crazy.. i didnt even know.. it showed no signs since it was behind the cover.. i pulled the cover off and it was worse than ever.. everything was all bent up.. so i straightened out the bumper extensions and put the new bumper support on.. I also cleaned up both covers to use the one in best shape but they both have the same amount of flaws.. I have pictures to show the damage.. Tomorrow i will finish it up..

Just unbolting the cover.. cant really see much paint flaws from the hit..

IMG_0445.jpg

Cover off

IMG_0447.jpg

You can see the Bent Bumper support

Bumper001.jpg

Passenger side extension

Bumper005.jpg

Driver side extension

Bumper006.jpg

Overall view

Bumper007.jpg

Bumper015.jpg

Bumper016.jpg

The new straight bumper support kinda bolted onto the bent extensions to show how bad the damage is..

Bumper017.jpg

Bumper018.jpg

Bumper019.jpg

Extensions straightened out and new support put on..

Bumper020.jpg

Bumper021.jpg

Bumper022.jpg

Bumper023.jpg

While looking things over i found the hood latch is bent where the center brace goes for the front bumoers.. so a little straightening out there to be done..

Bumper024.jpg

Bumper026.jpg

And the cover that was on the car when hit..

Bumper009.jpg

Bumper010.jpg

The new cover is black also.. i will get pics of that up tomorrow before i get it on the car or what i decide to do..

Iam also installing my HIDS when the new cover goes on.. :cool:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 94GPGTP

• Venom

• 94 olds vert

• swift13

yes and no.. y would you not have insurance on a brand new car?

A lot of people dont... They either dont wanna pay it, or can barely afford the new car as it is so they drive without.

not bad at all, honestly. glad to see you got it back in action so quick.

:cheers: Thanks..

With the help from Swift13 we pulled the cover off at the yard around 9:30-10:00 and i didnt work on the car until 4:30 this afternoon and from 4:30 to 8:30 or so i removed the cover and support.. straightened the metal back to as close as i could get it.. bolted the new support on.. washed both covers for tomorrow to decide which one to put on.. and buffed my foglights..

Honestly i didnt ever think i would get this far or even take the cover off today.. but hey i got ants in my pants.. :willynilly:

A lot of people dont... They either dont wanna pay it, or can barely afford the new car as it is so they drive without.

Good Point.. he was the same color as my car if you couldnt tell from the "fill my tank" part.. :lol:

Good Point.. he was the same color as my car if you couldnt tell from the "fill my tank" part.. :lol:

I already got that :lol:

Being rear-ended at even a low-speed puts you in huge danger for neck problems, some for life. I wouldn't let someone drive away myself, but lots of people like to be friendly and helpful and not involve the insurance companies. I would have just traded if I was him and said, I'll get back to you if necessary, all the while not intending to.

Ok car is finished.. I really didnt take much pics getting the bumper cover back on but ill get some tomorrow in the daylight.. I installed the HIDS.. OMG big difference.. Really bright too.. :eek: You can sorta see the cover on with the pic of me showing the HIDS..

HID ballast installed Left and Right

116_7302.jpg

116_7303.jpg

Showing off the HIDS.. Car Finished!!

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

I think im going to buy the Fog HIDS to match.. i dont even need brights.. i adjusted the lights the best i could i will find out tomorrow morning if they are too high and need to be lowered.. :neutral:

yea i used the old cover.. it wasnt too bad after i washed both and compaired them.. i am just gunna have that other black one as a spare.. I cant believe how much damage there was behind that cover..

Doesn't make much since to figure he had no insurance, since you rear ended him it's automatically your fault so it would be your insurance company taking the hit to repair his car.

Either way though you got off lucky.

So what color temp HIDs did you go with, I have 6k on mine, but still wanting to get the fogs I want to go with projectors in the fogs though.

I had an accident a month ago, got rearended and pushed into another car, unfortunately paint was scrapped off, I havent even looked under the front bumper. the rear is messed up.

So what color temp HIDs did you go with, I have 6k on mine, but still wanting to get the fogs I want to go with projectors in the fogs though.

I had an accident a month ago, got rearended and pushed into another car, unfortunately paint was scrapped off, I havent even looked under the front bumper. the rear is messed up.

6000k too..

Doesn't make much since to figure he had no insurance, since you rear ended him it's automatically your fault so it would be your insurance company taking the hit to repair his car.

Either way though you got off lucky.

Any insurance company would argue that because the other guy had no insurance, he had no right being on the road. If he wasn't on the road there never would have been an accident. 9 times out of 10 the uninsured loses regardless of who was at fault.

Wow I'm surprised how much damage was under the bumper cover. Kinda cool that we have a few guys around the forum that can fix damaged cars in a really short amount of time. :mrgreen: