trying my hand at clear corners new pics page 2

bodeen2007

you all know how to do it so i'm not going into full detail but i'm trying to make my own clear corners here are some pics . before you guys go and tell me that it looks like dog shit remember its a rough try just trying to figure some things out before i make a good set here are some pics

Photo-0029.jpg

Photo-0030.jpg

from reading other posts if they don't look factory they look like dog shit . I'M not using florescent light covers for the insert like some other people do i tried it it looked bad so i;m trying my own method using genuine lumina headlight :lol: but seriously i'm using a headlight lens that i had laying around. i have allot of work ahead of me to make them look good .

Well you are fucking with an automotive masterpiece created by the fine engineers at GM. The W-body is a beautiful vehicle as it sits and should not be tampered with! :joke:

No but seriously, they look nice. You should take some wider shots to see how they look with the rest of the car.

thanks for all the kind comments

they are not on the car right now and this set prolly will never be on a car. the lenses are way to messed up these are just ones that i had laying around to get good at then it's off to pull a part to buy a few sets and if i can make them look good i'll sell a few on here in a couple months .

i'm also working on a set of clear corners for the cutlass vert they are a little bit more harder to make but i talked to a guy to day that has a vacuum forming machine and said that he would make me what ever i needed if i rebuilt the engine in his 67 nova so i might be able to sell a few of those to. just gotta figure some stuff out. Before i make the cutty vert lenses i want to make clear tailights for the lumina . So i hope to know something by the end of next week if anybody is interested in lenses for the lumina or the cutty let me know . and i will start working on them if i like the guys quality and i can find the materials that i need . I plan on selling the lumina lenses for 40 a set and the cutty lenses for 50 a set

id be interested in cutty corners depending on if i have a job when your selling

i have to talk to the guy tomorrow and prolly wouldn't be selling them till late December early January or even later. but when i do the wonderful people on w body will have first dibs on them .

I'd modify them using some recycled clear reflector material. HINT: look at the reflectors hidden in gen 1 lumina taillights.

but the sandblasting looked good!

thanks k, I'll have to split a set apart the next time i'm at pull a part

so i finished making the set using the headlight and they sucked so i came on here earlier and seen k's suggestion and tried it so heres some pics be nice these are still a rough set and are not really together. the lens inside is being held together by masking tape.

Photo-0042.jpg

Photo-0043.jpg

Photo-0044.jpg

Photo-0045.jpg

Photo-0046.jpg

Photo-0047.jpg

they look great!...and i'd deffinatly be interested in the cutlass clear corners :willynilly: , ive been wanting some since i bought the car haha

I have an extra pair, that I have been wanting to clear, But I have no idea how to do it.

thanks for the honest opinions . i am currently finishing up the first set of lumina lights . i should be getting the cutty lenses from my guy next week some time then i will start to make them. he is making me five sets so if i can make them look good i will prolly sell four of the five sets on here . so i will let everyone know in the next few weeks. Also are there any other cars the you guys and gals would like clear corners made for . just let me know

If you start making the Lumina lights Il prolly be in for 4 sets, depending on the price.

i'm making the lumina lights for sure . they are gonna be 40 dollars a set