got bored so i painted my wheels red lol

dirt_igirt

i got bored today so i painted the out side of one of my spare 5 spokes red should i keep it like this or just the outer lip.... keep in mind this is a fast job if i were to do it i would take more time

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

maybe, but it'd have to not look like you painted over turds smeared over your rim first

even bondo over the rough sections would look better. smoothed, they might not look so bad...

good lord that looks like shit..

at least spend the time, strip all the paint/clearcoat off, sand down ALL the corrosion and then use quality paint and redo them however you like..

Just please dont put on those halfasses redone excuses for rims.

Trust me, do it right and you will be much happier. I spend over 13 hours redoing my rims and I am quite happy with them. Another 5 hours of adding another coat and polising my lips further and they will be perfect.

And honestly, i didnt spend too much money on redoing my rims.. Just use good quality aircraft paint stripper, a nice metal scraper (for getting super agressive with tough corners) a plastic bondo scraper trimmed as needed, good 3m professional sandpaper (more uniform grit, resists clogging better so it goes further) use ~240, 400, 600, 800, and 1000, 1500, 2000 grit if you are polishing, and if you are indeed polishing the lip or face, a microfiber cloth and Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish, and use quality wheel paints.

About three years back someone had a set on E-bay that was Black like those and then the area where yours are red was this mix of red, orange & yellow like a flame mix, it looked SICK!!! I think that there's a way to do them. I really hate the black look, it's like I don't like rims, I want steelies.

would help if there wasnt 3 shades of red happening on the car

I agree, if there wasn't already a problem with mis-matched paint, and the wheels were done correctly..it MIGHT look ok...but i would have to see it in person to really judge it.

However, to each his own!

maybe, but it'd have to not look like you painted over turds smeared over your rim first

LOL!!!!!!!!!

and no. It's just too much red with the car being red itself as well. It might be ok if it were just a red lip on a black car (as so many Civic and VW owners have done).