3.1 won't start replaced everything except ECM

red92s

So after realizing that the battery in my voltmeter was dead, I found that I had 5 good fuel injectors and one bad one. So I replaced the bad one, and tried to start the car and still nothing.....

So to date I have replaced and done the following

2 ECMs

1 ICM

1 Crank sensor

1 Fuel Injector others are right in the 12.7 range, the bad one was 10.

Car still doesn't work and every ignition and fuel injection circuit has continuity.

I'm out of ideas, I don't think it wants to be a car anymore. Any thoughts would be appreciated, or any offers on 5 speed parts and some lip tails might be entertained soon.. Its starting to become not worth it..

• 5 weeks later...

So here is how the rest of this ridiculous story ended up.

Replaced a bad injector,

Then figured out the ICM was fried, replaced that, everything was great for.....

TWO days, and I was going down the road, the car died, in a terrible spot no less accelerating on a very congested on ramp.

EPIC FAIL.

So I've spent too much money, too much effort, as much as this car has done pretty well its time to move on...

So anyone who might be interested in lip tails, or five speed parts might want to check the for sale section soon,

I can't justify anymore money on a car that is going to die just going down the road without any warning.

I have to thank this forum for the help its provided over the years particularly with five speed advice. It was a good run,

I had the car for six years...

Don't feel bad man. I had a similar situation with my 90 last year, and I finally threw in the towel after 5 years of ownership. I sold it for $600 to a guy who owned a shop. I had no idea what was wrong with it, something electrical. I found out later on, it took 2 months of his own time and another grab bag of parts to get the poor car running again :eek: Good luck whatever you choose to do

Ironic you mention it I have a dead 90 TGP also same problems. I am going to check the fuseable links at the starter since those wires relay power to everything else. Lol 60* cars starting to die everywhere!!!!

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes car is back, or maybe its more like a zombie since it had brain problems. Found a bad connection in the wiring harness that goes to the injectors. Depending on how you held the connector sometimes it would have continuity, othertimes there wasn't any. I'm sure this might have fried something at some point.

Not too sure about what contributing factor a cat would play in this, and frankly didn't try anything with it since car is back and runs well.