TGP Vids FIXED!!

PhatMpk

Check all you electrical connections and grounds. Check how much power your alternator is putting out and how much your ecm is getting. I had a 90 cavalier that had real bad driveability issues, hesitating and dying. tried mtany new parts. Turned out a bad connection by the battery that feed the ecm was the problem.

brent

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhatMpk

• Garrett Powered

• pontiac6ksteawd

• mfewtrail

ok turning things around to back where i started, Dropped the tank, pulled the fuel pump, hose that was given to me was not fuel grade like a asked for, very spongy after soaking in all the gas popped right off the fuel pump, bought new fuel pump pulsator installed, running now, for the downshift clunk n hard shifting, the air check valve on the trans modulator went bad and was stuck closed, removed it for now as i am in need of a new one, idles really bad, hesitates on acceleration, still keeps hitin the torque converter in fourth gear always wanting to drop back in 3 gear on the freeway, or if it does shift into fourth, loses speed, shudders really bad, then downshifts again to 3rd

still keeps hitin the torque converter in fourth gear always wanting to drop back in 3 gear on the freeway, or if it does shift into fourth, loses speed, shudders really bad, then downshifts again to 3rd

Your Valvebody is definitly acting up. and if it isn't the valvebody itself, it could be a few other things causing this: TV cable, Vacuum line pressure, or oil pressure. its not impossible that its your oil pressure, but look in the other two first.

Yes something is definitely wrong as my battery seems to only stay charged just enough to stay running, I have gone through like 7 batteries so far every time I bring them back to kragen they put my battery on a charger and its fails to charge correctly they send me home with a new battery that doesn't last very long before it seems like the lights get dimmer, changed the battery today but still no improvement the previous owner told me he just replaced the alternator at 92k

the ground strap that came on the tgp is a time bomb. it is a 10 gauge wire that most likely is green corroded.

another wire that is sure to need replaced is the negative battery cables along with the side post bolts.. just order a new one and bolt it in.

the ground strap needs to be built, the negative battery cable can be bought. you can clean up around the grounding stud next to the battery tray. you need a reverse star bit to get the stud off then hit the area with a wire wheel and copper antiseize.

hit the core support with the wire wheel before installing the battery ground cable and your headlights will be so much brighter you will blind oncoming traffic.

its like the miss is intermittent when it starts up it is doing its normal cycle now, revs to 2k then comes to 1k as soon as is hits 1k the missing starts, the missing and hesitating varies on each run, I was lookin at those wires yesterday the ground the mounts up right near the intercooler really inspecting this car it has been in California all its life except 1 year in the Minnesota weather and really has 0 rust on it anywhere, grease is all over the place tho from the river of oil that was coming from the oil pump driveshaft, everything seems ok is there anyway to test with a volt/ohm meter?

OMFG I love you guys!! Thanks to TGed coils and known good icm, two known good used coil pack plus one brand new coil pack , and she is back to new , no more missing, no more hesitating, hauls ass on the freeway again icon_lol, back to boosting instead of clunking, so happy FIXED.

OMFG I love you guys!! Thanks to TGed coils and known good icm, two known good used coil pack plus one brand new coil pack , and she is back to new , no more missing, no more hesitating, hauls ass on the freeway again icon_lol, back to boosting instead of clunking, so happy FIXED.

Dude, awesome. How long have you been chasing this? :lol:

Well I know I mentioned on page 2 that it could be his coils/ICM. And again on page 3, and again on page 5 when he said what color his spark was, i knew what his problem was..

But in either case, glad to see it running tops again. Have fun, and stay out of the snow banks!

I did also agree with the coil packs back in december. congratulations, I just got my tgp figured out too. it had a defective fuse that looked good and worked well half the time. sometimes there are electrical demons that will be harder to find that cant be fixed by throwing parts at it.

how is that audiobahn system performing with the stock charging setup? just curious did you try to beef up some of the components? it sounds like its starving the car for power and eating a battery here and there.

Thanks man just reinstalled it yesterday, its sounds very nice, but the lights dim just a lil bit even with my 12v cap, without the cap its louder but drains more of my battery/ worse dimming, next project flip-out screen deck, 15 inch swivel flipdown overhead monitor, maybe a bigger cap/ BIG 3 wires should take care of my dimming