TGP Vids FIXED!!

PhatMpk

killinprixs:

7mm ? if so they burn right up, may work for 2-3 months but the misfiring will come back eventually, get like accel 8mm or MSD wires.

also like i said if your positive its not the plugs/wires/coils/sensors/fuel pump/regulator/filter the only thing left is the injectors, seeing how you already replaced 2 others might be bad. I just replaced a set of injectors that were brand new only put on 2000 miles with them, had bad missfiring and boost problems, all injectors TESTED good but as soon as i changed them, all problems went away and car ran perfectly normal again. Even tho the injectors were new, one prematurely malfunctioned and the car ran like ass. I was chasing everything on that dam car until i had no other choice than to replace them ALL. Just goes to show when you ohm injectors it doesnt mean that they are physically working. Everythig else checked out like , compression perfect, fuel pressure 40#+, brand new ignition components, all sensors new, swaped ECM/ chips, fuel regulator.

just took a look everything is dark as can be, no sparks jumping anywhere I can see, 7mm wires, maybe injectors are going bad as there are four original ones, 1 yellowtop, and 1 gp sorensen, I have the front three injectors stock, and the back three are 1 stock 1 yellowtop, n 1 gp, boost guauge seems to show +13 now but struggles above 3k, all the sensors seem to be working correctly except my oil pressure sending unit doesnt seem to be working as the guauge on the dash shows the pressure needle all the way up

Change those injectors man, that could cause a world of trouble.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhatMpk

• Garrett Powered

• pontiac6ksteawd

• mfewtrail

acceleration is surging really bad now

instead of boosting its knockin real bad and wont go

heres more basically cold start to one short trip

last one hard knock doesnt want to go

:question: :question:

• 1 month later...

Dropped the tank yesterday bypassed the fuel pump pulsator, and it still doesnt want to run right. It will buck whenever its over 1/2 throttle, then will boost up ok, going up a hill it will buck really hard and downshift instead of wanting to boost faster, still stumped guys idles really rough now starting to get a downshift clunk 2-1, hesitates/bucks while accelerating

I am leaning 4 ways on that one... Which I know we talked about one befor.. but..

First 2 ways are checked at the same time. ICM or Coil packs. You take a spark plug wire off one of the front plugs, stick a screwdriver in the end of it, one that has a good handle on it. Without touching the metal shank, you have someone crank/start the car, while holding the screwdriver, by the handle, hold the metal shank of the screwdriver over a peice of metal, like the core support. Look at the spark. Is it a bright blue, orange, or? You do this for each of the front cylinders, one at a time. If any of them spark anything but a bright blue, than the coil or ICM is weak, or not getting could current.

I had what you have going on happen on my 6000 years ago. Tested the alternator, althou it was putting out good volts, the amps was only 11. Which was 100 amps lower than what it should be. Their wasnt enough amperage to supply the coils with what they needed for a good fire. New alternator later, and I drove home, problem solved.

Lastly, but I dont know on this one. Maybe a Crank position Sensor. But someone else would have to chime in on that one to see if your problem could be indicative of a faulty CPS.

The code 13 O2 sensor failure that you mentioned over on TGP forums could also be causing lots of problems. That sensor could be FUBARed and telling the computer all sorts of bad information. Apples and Oranges, but my Jeep had an O2 sensor that went bad and was bucking and stalling and surging and all sorts of weird shit.

Finally got a code for a bad O2 and never had a problem like that again.

tested all three front coil packs each one sparks with a orange glow , i recently replaced my o2 with a bosch early last year then late last year with a acdelco maybe two months old now, scanned the computer again with the scanner and it didnt show any codes

Either you have a power issue, or all 3 coils are bad (VERY unlikely), or the ICM is bad...

I would take it to Autozone and get the alternator checked while on the car. You need a Volt and Ampere test, which it will do with the ARBST machine.

Either you have a power issue, or all 3 coils are bad (VERY unlikely), or the ICM is bad...

I would take it to Autozone and get the alternator checked while on the car. You need a Volt and Ampere test, which it will do with the ARBST machine.

(in my best old guy voice) In my day, we had a battery meter we just hooked up to the battery while it was running and it would tell us if the alternator was bad.

yes i have one brand new acdelco coil pack layin around here just need two more i guess i tested the front three plug wires by testing each one at a time by clamping the spare plug into the wire then clamped to a bolt by the threads on the frame with vice grips and watched each plug glowed orange spark goin to try pullin the + off while idleing tomorrow

goin to try pullin the + off while idleing tomorrow

NOT a good idea... good way to fry your electronics. Bring it to your local auto parts store and have it tested, its free.

But getting it tested like that is only about 50% accurate. The problem with the ICM is that they heat soak really badly, and only go bad once completely warmed/heated up.

However, with his glowing orange at startup, It should be pretty easy to test it that way, so my point above is kinda mute, for this case anyways.

driving down the road today, engine kills and wont start on the middle on a bridge! Almost got hit by a passing mercedes trying to put gas in my tank thinking i had ran out of gas. Luckily saw them at the last second. Tested the fuel rail , and 0 psi is there looks like my band aid bypass on the fuel pump didnt hold the pressure :mad: had to tow it back about a mile at which point we tied a rope to the frame of each car and as we pulled out of the first turn the rope lost tension and got stuck under the front tire of my car blocking all the lanes of traffic what a nightmare