any 1st gens with 3500 in them?

1QUICKHATCH

I have access to a 3400 block and 3500 heads, U/L Intake and TB for a build...but no cash in line to buy it....

ugh...

I would cam it, and put the ratio rockers on (if they get made) and I'd be looking at 300 HP...

I am the only one who has put a full 3500 into a W-Body that I know of (see sig for details).

If you want more info PM me.

And from my understanding the timing cover from the 3100/3400 may be needed to be swapped over..

And I know what the hell the LX9 is :wink:

I was able to use the 3500 cover just fine, as it still has the places for the pulleys and power steering pump that aren't used when the 3500 comes in a G6 or Malibu.

I am the only one who has put a full 3500 into a W-Body that I know of (see sig for details).

If you want more info PM me.

And from my understanding the timing cover from the 3100/3400 may be needed to be swapped over..

And I know what the hell the LX9 is :wink:

I was able to use the 3500 cover just fine, as it still has the places for the pulleys and power steering pump that aren't used when the 3500 comes in a G6 or Malibu.

have you had your car to the drag strip at all? I don't think I will have any problems installing it, should be easyer than my 2.4 to 3500 swap that I did in my Alero. I am hoping to get it installed in a few weeks, most likely with stock heads 60-70mm tb and ported 3400 exhaust manifolds or stock 3500 malibu/G6 manifolds. the goal is to get it to the track before it closes when the snow flys!

No I haven't hit the strip... I fear for my transmission and once I can swap my tranny or get a different DD then I will race more. This has been strictly a street fun car so far.

There is a word of warning though... if you want to read through ALL the problems I had, read through my entire swap thread... there are some handy work you will end up needing to do for some things.

http://60degreev6.com/forum/f96/3500-swap-questions-t36647

One big thing you will run into is the fact that the transmission to motor block mounting bracket on the pass. side of the motor (back side of motor it attaches down low to the tranny) does not bolt to the 3500 block quite right. It seems that they moved the mounting holes on the block/oil pan a bit. A custom piece would be best if you have the ability to make something that strong but I ended up having the holes on the bracket elongated to manage to get the bolts on there and it was still a real hairy fit.