• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AL

• Crazy K

• White93z34

• ns87

Top Posters In This Topic

The wiring harness, PCM, and Fuse box are the same that I took out, I swapped them onto the new motor as I was told the harnesses are different... The engine I put in was originally mounted to an Auto trans so I put the harness from the manual trans car on and put it in... Hope that makes sense... Basically its the same harness as before, no changes

I'd also suggest checking fuel pressure. Just because you got fuel to squirt out of the fuel rail doesn't mean you necessarily have the right pressure. People drag cars to us all the time at work and don't believe us when we tell them it has a fuel problem because they "got fuel out of the fuel rail."

Ohm testing the crank sensor is also not a way of completely knowing if it's working right, and doesn't check the crank sensor circuit at all. Does the tach register some RPM when cranking?

I wasnt able to check exact fuel pressure but I will try to tomorrow...

The check engine light comes on when the key is turned to on... No codes found when scanning

It reads 264 rpms while cranking... Doesnt show on the tach but it does show up on the scanner under crank rpms

So I am thinking that there is a bad ground somewhere from the PCM... Does anyone know where the PCM sensor grounds are? I can get a wiring diagram to show what I am talking about... I thought most of the grounds were attached to the bellhousing bolts, then a ground below the y pipe/crossover, then a ground for the battery right next to the AC Accumulator I think, with a ground wire going back to the bellhousing... The headlights ground on the radiator support, is there any I am missing?