94 olds vert neverending project thread

94 olds vert

I've wanted a new pass. side mirror for a while for this car. Well after looking in the junkyard. I didn't find any that were in good shape. Granted mine did look pretty bad. I gave it a go at fixing it...

dc209218.jpg

I think this looks a little bit better.

e291df30.jpg

A lot of wet sanding. Started at like 1000 slowly worked my way up to 2000. Then I tapped it off put 3 coat of clear on. My last coat of clear I put it on kinda heavy.

I let it dry for over 12 hours. Wet sanded the clear with 2000 and then hit it with rubbing compound.

I still need to do the other side. Because my passenger one makes my driver side look dull now. Lol

Those make such a difference, They look good!! I did mine in mine last year, I hated not having a roll bar light.

About 2 years ago. I removed my switches and wired it so they would work when the doors were opened. I hated it when they didn't work. It was really dark in the car at night. Then about last week or so I took them to a shop and they fixed my old switches for me. Then I reinstalled them today almost 2 years later from when I first removed them.

Edited by 94 olds vert

I've wanted a new pass. side mirror for a while for this car. Well after looking in the junkyard. I didn't find any that were in good shape. Granted mine did look pretty bad. I gave it a go at fixing it...

dc209218.jpg

I think this looks a little bit better.

e291df30.jpg

HUGE improvement!

Thanks Bill! I did the other side today as well. I was able to get a lot of the orange peel off from the factory.

(just had a thought)

I may have to do this to my door handles next. Those cheap eBay ones have tons of orange peel. I bet they would look better recleared and wet sanded.

I'm sure some of you guys have bought a door handle from ebay at some point. Well, they are kinda dull and have tons of orange peel on them.

caec2da8.jpg

Prep work before clear. You can notice the factory orange peel on the trim piece on the right.

9117f95c.jpg

This is how it came out. Tons of shine and very little to no orange peel.

aafd178e.jpg

No problem. I just wish it was legal to tint the front windows in MI. I just don't want to be bothered with a ticket. Even so I could still get a ticket for 35%.

I think the tint on my GP looks great.

1289501a.jpg

Edited by 94 olds vert
Forgot img tag

• 1 month later...

I was out detailing this car tonight for tomorrow. She cleans up great. It's been a while since I've taken any pictures of this ride.

cd99a248.jpg

122a96e9.jpg

7419dd01.jpg

05d4dd7b.jpg

aa4bf00a.jpg

75f0ab1b.jpg

4ab45e02.jpg

3702c8fb.jpg

^

Very Cool pictures, I had to clean mine up today as well for a car show tomorrow!

Thats cool. I wanted to get out to the Lansing Olds home coming, but I can't make it this year.

Thank you, Bill.