Heater Door Stuck?

kcac

I have a 1995 Cutlass with the electonic climate control. When I crank up the fan, I can hear the fan running, but I get this loud rumbling/vibration from the dash. It seems like the door(s) that direct the heat to the vents, defrost, floor, etc are stuck ihe closed position, because there is never any ac or heat delivered out of any of those locations

I searched this board and saw one post regarding a similar problem that suggested disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes to reset the system. I am going give that a shot (and it seems like a long shot at that). Any other suggestions on how to proceed with troubleshooting and fixing this?

That's a possibility. The car is a convertible that we store in the winter. I found three dead mice in a bucket earlier this spring, so I know we had them in the garage.

I haven't even looked, can you get to the blower motor from the firewall?

• 11 months later...

Following up on last year's thread. 95 vert was right. My heater problems were due to mice. I pulled the heater blower and found a mouse nest in the fan cage and the area above the cage. We really didn't use the car much at all last year (cool summer in Milwaukee), and I just got it out of the garage for this summer. I've heard mice can really wreak havoc by chewing up wiring, but so far no problems.

And it wasn't to bad to pull except for the one screw adjacent to the floorboard. All the others took a 7mm socket and came right out. The one next to the floorboard had a phillips head, and the driver kept slipping out of the screw head. That one took a lot of time to remove.

Edited by kcac