• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• AWeb80

• xtremerevolution

• IRONDOG442

35 a tire to mount and balance? wow i paid 50 total to mount and balance the tires on the gp after i bought them from tirerack. you need to do some better shopping around Jake

dont forget i had to pay tax also. so dismounting, disposal, mounting, and balencing was $25 each, and they gave me a free used tire to use until the new ones come in. i think i got a decent price for buying at a store

like i said i know i could have gotten them cheaper, but my mom didnt want to order from tirerack. so i got her the best deal i could find at a shop i spent 6-8 hours researching

Btw, you should've asked what the disposal fee was per tire. most shops here charge 4 or so a tire. when my dad had his garbage business, he only charged what his cost was at the landfill. it was 2 bucks i believe. so, you could've saved a few bucks searching that out.

~$50-55 is about average for mounting & balancing in my area. I remember the small tire shop(2 man operation) near my old house only charged $28 for mounting + balancing up until recently. They probably charge no more than $35ish now. They do a lot of business with their cheaper prices...

The only time I'll ever buy directly from a store is if I go to Firestone. I've used them twice, and it was only when I trusted the people working there. I always watch everything that happens to my car when its in a shop.

I use them because I have a firestone credit card, which IIRC gave me 15% or 20% off last time I had my Firehawk Indy 500's installed, which basically left me paying for only the tires, which were the same price online before shipping.

I just put a set of Falken ZE912's on my cutty vert...they are nice, quiet, smooth....and pretty cheap.

Nicest tire I have ever riden on so far.

I just put a set of Falken ZE912's on my cutty vert...they are nice, quiet, smooth....and pretty cheap.

those Falkens wear out fast in my experience. You'll be lucky to get half their rated life out of them.

I haven't read any of this thread, but I'm running Yokohama Avid V4S on my TGP and love them, wet or dry conditions. I've never hydroplaned the car even in the hardest rainstorms. If you go anywhere in snow or icy conditions, they suck though.. Good summer/high performance tire, great grip.

Are you out of your falken mind?

I've never really had any great experiences with falken tires.

i currently have a falken on it now untill the tires come in and it isnt bad but it is noisier and the car doesnt handle as well. but that could be from it being 55 series tire versus the rest being 45

• 3 weeks later...

I know this topic has been beat to death but for it is worth....

I put a set of Toyo Versados on my Cutty and they are some of the nicest tires I have ever owned. A premium tire for the cost of a standard....NICE!!!