• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• AWeb80

• xtremerevolution

• IRONDOG442

no i dont know she said she doesnt want to wait for tires to be shipped and that she doesnt want to deal with it and just wants to take it to discount tire and have something put on. also she said she doesnt want the zri tire because she has never heard of fuzion tires

I'm the third w body guy with them. they ranked in the top 6 on tirerack when i purchased them and they were way cheaper in price. they beat all goodyears in the comparisons i pulled up. they are made by firestone/bridgestone

well i talked her into tirerack but not fuzion zri thats not going to happen she only wants goodyear, bridgestone, michelin, or yokohama

lol, FWIW, Fuzion is made by Bridgestone/Firestone

I won't even bother recommending the tires I have, way too performance oriented for what your mom would be looking for.

The ZRi is a fairly hard compound so tire where should be great, I'm not shocked at all by the mileage that AWEB has gotten out of them.

I could recommend a good winter tire! :lol: not that it would do your mom ANY good, haha

Jamie

lol, FWIW, Fuzion is made by Bridgestone/Firestone

lmao oh well we will probably just go with another potenza

Yea, I've been surprised by how well these tires grip, last, and rideability for the harder compound that they are

I think its been your experience with the Fuzions that is making me consider the HRis for my DD, I can get the 185/60/14s for $45 each from tirerack :eek:

The HRi's are just a tad harder than the ZRi's

They will cost me $350 cdn to get to my door step, which is only $50 more than the quote for a no name brand cheapies a friend from a Honda Dealership can get me, and probably a way better tire.

lmao oh well we will probably just go with another potenza

Ponenza is a decent tire, that's what I had on the GTP before I went to the Hankook RS-2s, they weren't a performance tire by any means (I can't remember what model I had), but the only time they ever let me down was at the track and in the snow :lol:

I can't comment on the road noise... its hard for me to hear myself think over my exhaust :lol:

Jamie

how are the firestone firehawk wide oval

The wear rating on them is identical to the ZRi's, Traction is a hair better and Temp is the same

The tread pattern is damn near identical to the ZRi, so road noise would probably be similar to what Adam experiences

I think the major difference between them and the ZRi is the price, the Wide Oval is $18 more per tire.

Both tires are made in Japan

Jamie

okay thanks i think we are going to go up to firestone and talk to them about a few of the tires you all posted. thanks guys

STOP!!!! don't ever buy from a FIRESTONE DEALER!!!! NEVER EVER EVER UNLESS YOU LIKE BEING RAPED IN THE ASS, TWICE!!! Did I tell you about the tire my uncle got at firestone? The tire started failing on the way home and he turned right around and went back to them, 3 miles and the tire had suffered catastrophic failure and was so damaged they claimed it was not the tire they had just put on? :lol:

you are buying tires from DISCOUNT TIRE??? like:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/home.do?s_kwcid=TC|5864|discount%20tire||S|e|2974996646&gclid=CLbfgu7ri5wCFQ_yDAodmk7WYQ

http://dt.know-where.com/DiscountTire//region/US/AZ.html

I helped two friends buy 225/60R16 Yokohoma tires at a local discount tire store for CHEAP(er) than the price they initially quoted. How? PRICE MATCHING!!!!!! (almost)

Simply bring in the quote you can buy the tire for at tire-rack, and try to get them to match the price. they probably will not be able to, but they may offer the tire at a deep discount over their original quote.

In my friend A's case, lets say they wanted $120 a tire. mounted and balanced, but the tire could be had for $75 from tirerack before shipping. He brought in a print-out of the tire-rack page with the price quote. Discount Tire said "we can't match that price, it's below our cost, but we can offer it to you at $90 mounted and balanced." so potentially some savings, but hey at least it will be there, and shipping, mounting and tire warranty will be in house.

friend B? he asked me to look at his car because one corner of the car seemed to have better wet traction... he kept having the one corner of the car stick while the other 3 tires aquaplaned. I looked. car has one brand new tire and the other three were UTTERLY TOTALLY COMPLETELY BALD like I have never seen. He thought the good tire was the problem. :lol: I told him to call the first friend and use the method he used. next day he had a set of tires, too.

internet bought tire + shipping + mounting = X

tire shop + (free/no shipping!) + in house warrenty + in house rotation and balancing = Y

if Y< X+ $100, Y is the better deal!!!!!

meaning if in house costs only marginally more than shipped, the rotation and in house warranty are worth the extra cost, but try to con a discount if you can!

besides, are you going with the michelins or going to try for some yokos? or????

i have 3 picked out

yoko avid

good year eagle gt

potenza pole position

and thanks ken for the info

trans cooler lmao

At the Tire shop I work at, We specialize in selling Kumho tires, and most of those are good tires... Especially the Ecstas or something similar... The Goodyear Triple Tred is also great... I want a set for my car

If she is looking for bridgestones, have her check these out...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+G+019+Grid

They seem to be ranked fairly high. I'm looking into a set of these to replace the Eagle LS' on my Regal.

I really don't know what they would be like in snow, but seeing as how you live in arizona...I don't think that would be an issue.

I would look for one of these two tires:

BFG Traction T/A

Kumho Solus KH16

I've had great experiences with both of these tires, but the T/A's on my Subaru have great grip in all conditions (dry,wet,ice/snow).