• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• Night Fury

• AWeb80

• mra32

Good call. Used all my zipties on the headlights.

and all of mine are holding the end of the glasspack up... FML

LOL FTW

thats not even a joke.... i broke the weld last winter, now zipties are holding it at the correct level. :lol:

Good call. Used all my zipties on the headlights.

and all of mine are holding the end of the glasspack up... FML

LOL FTW

thats not even a joke.... i broke the weld last winter, now zipties are holding it at the correct level. :lol:

Oh I know, I saw the pics!

Well, just saw this thread. The extent of my suspension modding so far is:

Front and Rear GMPP STBs

GMPP Trailing Arms

Beyond that is the floaty base model 2nd Gen Lumina Suspension.

In the plans are:

SSC Lowering Springs with KYB GR2s

Monte Z34 Sway Bars with Poly Bushings

Held Trailing and Lateral Arms

Is there anything else I am missing?

yeah there's something you're missing. poly control arm bushings. don't for a second underestimate how much of a difference they make in these cars, which have a huge tendancy to understeer.

yeah there's something you're missing. poly control arm bushings. don't for a second underestimate how much of a difference they make in these cars, which have a huge tendancy to understeer.

Weird, mine will oversteer.

Do you know where I can get the bushings from? For that matter where I can get the sway bar bushings?

Please forgive my ineptitude as I learn more and more about w-bodies every day, but what exactly is the difference between Poly and Rubber bushings?

Poly bushing are hard plastic, and rubber are just that made of rubber.

Please forgive my ineptitude as I learn more and more about w-bodies every day, but what exactly is the difference between Poly and Rubber bushings?

Poly bushing are hard plastic, and rubber are just that made of rubber.

:dunce: I'm an idiot...I meant what makes them handle differently from each other? My guess is that the rubber ones allow the suspension to flex too much.

rubber control arm bushings flex WAY too much in these cars. That flex causes camber change during cornering. It makes the steering feel sloppy. The camber change drastrically reduces your traction in cornering, which when combined with body roll makes it very easy to understeer.

I have a writeup on this mod in the faq section, and a couple of threads in the suspension section. just skim down the thread titles and you'll find them. I was the first to do this mod and 2 others have done it since then, both amazed at the difference. Aweb80 and I have nearly identical suspension setups and we take 25mph oframps at 65mph and freak the hell out of passengers while cornering. Some people are waiting for tubular control arms to be made, which will include poly bushings, but progress on that has been very slow if not nonexistent, so I'm not holding my breath.

You'll also need poly sway bar bushings.

rubber control arm bushings flex WAY too much in these cars. That flex causes camber change during cornering. It makes the steering feel sloppy. The camber change drastrically reduces your traction in cornering, which when combined with body roll makes it very easy to understeer.

I have a writeup on this mod in the faq section, and a couple of threads in the suspension section. just skim down the thread titles and you'll find them. I was the first to do this mod and 2 others have done it since then, both amazed at the difference. Aweb80 and I have nearly identical suspension setups and we take 25mph oframps at 65mph and freak the hell out of passengers while cornering. Some people are waiting for tubular control arms to be made, which will include poly bushings, but progress on that has been very slow if not nonexistent, so I'm not holding my breath.

You'll also need poly sway bar bushings.

Oh this mod is down the road for me.

I'll read that writeup though. Thanks for the info!