91LuminaEuro

Okay, so i've been thinking of picking up a FSTB for my Lumina when i have some $$$.

My question is, its a Lumina Euro 3.1

Will the STB off a Z34 with the 3.4 fit correctly?

I know the local U-Pull it has a few Z34s with the STBs still in place, and i could pick them up for reasonably cheap $25 or less probably..

Would this fit? If not, what will and what are they usually going for?

lumina didnt come with stb's from factory... are you sure there a a few there, that would be extrememly odd.

but yes both the 3.4 (square) and 3.1 (round) bars will work with a 3.1/ 3100/ 3.8

Z34 didn't come with stock FSTB....in fact the only 1G w-body that did was the cutlass convertible.....that being said, any 1G FSTB will fit your 3.1 regardless of if it came off a cutty with a 3.4, 3.1 or 3100

Hmm..i always assumed the Z34 came with one, but never actually knew. Which means the ONE i actually saw was a rarity..damn me for being cheap and not just getting it while it was there...

And i know one of the Z34's there had the square one...(i assumed the others did but never actually looked) Luckily most of the W-bodies are un-touched at this place, most people don't mess with them...which also leads to them coming in and out rather frequently..

So my bad, my assumptions got the best of me.

Okay, so it has to be a 1st gen? This would explain why the STB of a 95 Regal wouldn't fit....

up to 1997 (not 1997.5 though) a bar that fits on a regal would fit on any other 88-96 w-body (and 97 cutlass supreme and lumina's and monte's up till 1999, including the fleet lumina's that were made will like 2001 or something like that)

ahaha

but as jeremy said, only the cutlass verts came with STBs from factory.. they are very hard to come by

Okay, so the other night i got to thinking...i might be able to make my own STB...

I've got 1"x1" square tubing...my idea was to take and make a bracket that bolts to the inner two Strut bolts, and then cut the square tubing to fit between those two brackets, then weld.

Simple enough, but do you guys think it would be effective? Im essentially re-creating the bar i got off of my 95 Regal.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Not only would this be cheap (basically free minus my time and welding wire/gas) but kind of fun...and easy, kinda nice to say you made something like that for your car (at least i think so)

Okay, so the other night i got to thinking...i might be able to make my own STB...

I've got 1"x1" square tubing...my idea was to take and make a bracket that bolts to the inner two Strut bolts, and then cut the square tubing to fit between those two brackets, then weld.

Simple enough, but do you guys think it would be effective? Im essentially re-creating the bar i got off of my 95 Regal.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Not only would this be cheap (basically free minus my time and welding wire/gas) but kind of fun...and easy, kinda nice to say you made something like that for your car (at least i think so)

it'll probably end up looking better than mine, seeing how i cut an antenna tower in half for the steel...