Exhaust Installation overview (from the group purchase)

Brian P

All i have to say is this..

Flowmaster 40 series single chamber deltaflows...

No drone...

i can't speak for the deltas, but i've heard the regular 40s on 3800s and 3X00s.... fine at idle, low speed cruising and WOT, but at like 70-75MPH steady, ugh...

i have yet to hear some of the super 44s...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian P

• 19Cutlass94

• RobertISaar

• BXX

All i have to say is this..

Flowmaster 40 series single chamber deltaflows...

No drone...

i can't speak for the deltas, but i've heard the regular 40s on 3800s and 3X00s.... fine at idle, low speed cruising and WOT, but at like 70-75MPH steady, ugh...

i have yet to hear some of the super 44s...

Super 44s are big block mufflers. So unless you want the exhaust stalling out in those mufflers and hurting performance, dont run them.. They are designed for a much higher CFM flow that what our engines are capable of..

Heard, or actually drove around in the car for a long time?? And I doubt they had larger 2.5" exhaust at that, which changes the tone and mellows it out..

I just made my point, and several members can now vouch they way my exhaust sounds.. Its quite nice :wink:

Heard, or actually drove around in the car for a long time?? And I doubt they had larger 2.5" exhaust at that, which changes the tone and mellows it out..

heard it go by(3800), and have been in the vehicle(3X00). quite different experiences, but i'll never use a chambered muffler on anything again.

as for the super 44s, that would probably explain why i haven't seen/heard any W's running them. plenty of LS motors though, that crowd loves them...

Chambered mufflers sound much better than any straight or baffled design on our engines...

Hell, my exhaust isnt even raspy and doesnt need a resonator....

No its deff not the fact you have no resonator. Even with my mufflers and a resonator, it still drones on the highway. It the muffler choice. Mine are straight through. Only thing a resonator will do is quiet the drone a little bit. My mufflers drone on the highway as well, but probably arent as loud as yours though. If you want a pair of mufflers that are quiet Ill sell you the Quiet Flow mufflers I got from NAPA. Lifetime Warranty :) I had em on my care for a few weeks. Thing sounded as quiet as stock, and lost no performance.

You're tempting me. I was almost certain those cherry bomb mufflers would have been the ticket to a quieter exhaust since they're packed with glass and route the exhaust gases like stock... boy was I wrong :lol:

PM coming...

ugh....I want exhaust so bad....but I STILL can't decide on mufflers.

...should I run two in the stock spots, or one where the stock res is and run straight pipe to the tips?

• 3 years later...