'94 GP sedan...ABS and Brake lights on.

tornado_735

I searched to forum and there were like 10 million different posts, and each one had a different symptom and solution to it.

My ABS and Brake lights are on. They come on when you start the car. I can hear the ABS pump whirring, then the lights come on. If I have my foot on the brake pedal when I start the car, the light stay off until I let my foot off, then they come on immediately. Brakes are fine, just no ABS (found that out when some bil-jack in a crappy Integra decided he wanted to be slow when the light turned green).

From what I read, there are two different ABS systems. And the general consensus was to scan for the codes to see what was causing the light to come on. My question is how do you scan the ABS computer, what port do you use to scan it, and where can I get a tool to scan it?

Thanks all,

Aaron

Copy and paste so other people know...

Before you do anything else to diagnose that, remove the abs wheel speed sensors and clean them. They're right behind the wheel hub above the ball joint on the front and can be removed fairly easily. I don't remember where they were on the rear, but cleaning mine on the front fixed the problem.