Miniquad style headlights with projectors

bve32k

Has anyone done this? If so does anyone have any pics of this?

I heard someone has done this before, but still haven't seen the pics.

Thanks!

I'd love to see this too.

Most people put those "hid" kits in there headlamps. However, I have NEVER seen projector's in a set of miniquads. Most projector housings are far too large.

Projector. The proper way to do HID's. They are manufactured with specific cut-off plates that eliminate any light from going from where they should. All projector headlamps have clear lenses, as the projector takes care of where the light shines.

DE90_.jpg

Those "hid" kits, while producing more light, are not a High Intensity. In fact, anyone on here that has "hid's" I can almost guarantee that they have actually never compared the lumen output to the real thing. I have, did it for 2 summers. Putting those "hid" kits in your car behind the stock lense just brightens the light output, which is what people want. However, the design of the flutes in the lense also puts the bright light at the wrong places, which is when you get complaints from other people.

So, unless you have a way to fit a proper projector into your miniquad housing and then make a clear lense, you will NEVER have true HID projectors.

There are also non-hid projectors. Same concept, except they use regular bulbs.

I put hids out of a late modal car in my cutlass used the hid bulb and mounted the transformer under the front bumper cover. it worked well untill I got a stone hole in one of the lights and the water took out the bulb.

The lense may be 2.5", but remember that the housing is much larger.

Yea, I understand that. Thats why I was looking for the smallest lens diameter.

Really, I can sell you some projectors that have a 1.75" lense. But, they would be incorrect, as they are fog lamp projectors. Fog lamps and Head Lamps have totally different allowable beam patterns (by SAE).

Just a heads up for ya.

Really, I can sell you some projectors that have a 1.75" lense. But, they would be incorrect, as they are fog lamp projectors. Fog lamps and Head Lamps have totally different allowable beam patterns (by SAE).

Just a heads up for ya.

more info on those fog lights???

Just a heads up for ya.

more info on those fog lights???

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=p3841.m39.l1313&_nkw=fog+lamp%2C+projector&_sacat=

They're cheap, and are used on a TON of cars. I have a set sitting here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...