before i go kill the people at midas i have a question (FIXED)

jake91

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• xtremerevolution

• RobertISaar

• Night Fury

I wish my rear brakes on the Lumina were easy! Mine were a bitch, mostly because after putting everything on the piston wouldn't retract back in, then the caliper started fucking leaking :lol: worst brake job ever

the wear indicators can make noise when OFF the brakes, also on turns as well occasionally. It happens, it doesn't take much

considering theres about .005" of clearance when off the pedal, yeah it doesn't take anything

well mine were a bitch too. both bolts siezed up at the threads to the brackets and broke off. those sleeves rust up VERY easily, which is just another reason why you should always do your own brakes, because midas won't replace your hardware, and that those bolts and sleeves on the rears need to be checked after every winter. its only $5 per wheel and saves you worlds of headache.

i live in Arizona. enough said laugh

Jake I did a write up on brakes if your ever interested on doing them. It really isn't a bad deal.

I must have missed how brakes squeal when turning. it hasn't yet happened to my regal after 135k of driving, my bonneville, my dad's dakota, my sister's saturn, my mom's saturn, or our chevy express conversion van.

I must have missed how brakes squeal when turning. it hasn't yet happened to my regal after 135k of driving, my bonneville, my dad's dakota, my sister's saturn, my mom's saturn, or our chevy express conversion van.

The sensors can be "tripped" on worn pads when turning. By default though, usually you'll hear the squealing at other times too, not just limited to while turning.

okay i took it back to midas. they didnt give me new rotors, but oh well it stops just fine. it stops better than it ever has. but they did fix the other problems. now it just squeaks a bit on stops. :mrgreen:

no all was covered under the warrenty what was wrong was the drivers front pad was glazed over. so he just ground the glaze off, and that took care of it.

because you didn't ask them to fix the real problem. I would not want to run below spec rotors. they are thin enough to begin with.

we did, but his exact word were "i will argue till im blue in the face, but those rotors are fine" so we said screw it, and let him do what he wanted

we did, but his exact word were "i will argue till im blue in the face, but those rotors are fine" so we said screw it, and let him do what he wanted

I wish I lived closer to you. I would have told them a thing or two, then called Midas corporate office.

I wish I lived closer to you. I would have told them a thing or two, then called Midas corporate office.

x2 that kind of customer service is inexcusable. Youre talking about possible serious injury/death over a company having to shell out a few more bucks for some new rotors. I would have called corporate and gotten new rotors.

i shouldnt have taken my mom with me :lol:. she is the type of person that doesnt like to fight. she used to love to, but doesnt anymore. i figure the car stops fine. way better than it ever has. before the antilock wouldnt even work. i live in a city that is completely flat so i wont be heating them up, and if they start to get bad. i will go argue with them more, or i can just throw some on myself down the road.

shit with that kinda attitude I'd definately be calling corporate offices, that's total BS, try to find a shop that's not franchise, you typically get treated better there and they tend to be more trustworthy once you build a relationship with them. I got a couple around here that sometimes do stuff for free if it's easy enough. Hell one guy did my struts for $250 in the white prix when it woulda cost me about $200 just for the struts alone.

I did my brakes in the summer of '07 and about a month after doing them they would squeak and make noise while my foot was off the brake. I got more expensive pads and rotors though so they would make more sound naturally. But anti-squeal works pretty well to eliminate some of the noise if it isn't mechanical related

shit with that kinda attitude I'd definately be calling corporate offices, that's total BS, try to find a shop that's not franchise, you typically get treated better there and they tend to be more trustworthy once you build a relationship with them. I got a couple around here that sometimes do stuff for free if it's easy enough. Hell one guy did my struts for $250 in the white prix when it woulda cost me about $200 just for the struts alone.

i normaly go to premier automotive in tempe, and that shop owner is awesome. he is a friend of a freind of a freind who started his own shop because he didnt like how other shops he worked at made him break parts, and sell uneeded stuff. he put 50 hours of work looking for a sound in my moms car, but didnt charge her because he never was able to figure out what it was.