Kuntzie's 01 Turbo GT 5-speed thread----- pg 10 extra special sunday delivery!

kuntzie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• GOT2B GM

• w-bodys_are_the_best

• White93z34

Hmmm Looks like if I ever need to do a clutch in the Fiero or Z34, I'll definately be getting in touch with Spec.

Glad the pedal bracket worked out and that you are happy with it.

moar progress!!!!

dash is back together and the clutch master is lined up and needs minor work before install (longer rod as the firewall to pedal lenth is different on the gen 2s

CIMG0481.jpg

CIMG0482.jpg

CIMG0483.jpg

CIMG0486.jpg

CIMG0487.jpg

I think he still has to do the actual swap, he's got all the interior done now except shifter and cables. Now comes the interesting stuff. Do the 2nd gens even have mount provisins for the 284? One other thing I was wondering about is the hole for the cables, 2nd gen might not even have the spot for them. I know on my 96 cutlass the hole was halfway there, there was a hole on the one sheet and had to be punched out on the other. IIRC the hole was just to the right of the floor hump in the passenger floor. If it doesn't have it, nothing a hole saw won't take care of.

Hey, can you get a sideshot of that clutch for me, I'd like to see how thick it is, whenever you get time.

Something like this (my burnt Z24 clutch after making the trip from CO to MN slipping under heavy throttle in every gear)

clutch014.jpg

the hard parts are done, im not even going to pull the engine to do the swap, just 1/2 a subframe like ive done in the past.

the trans bolts up and needs no modifavtions to the mounts, nothing needs to be changed.

3800 camaro flywheel is needed and i have that already aswell as the required bolts.

installing the shifter is one of the easiest things to do, it bolts right in, and a whole has to be drilled.. big deal,

pedals and the clutch master is by far the heardest part of the swap..

That's pretty meaty, the clutch in my 91 worked great still, but I am replacing it anyways. Now that z24 clutch I showed was pretty nasty, by the time I got to my house, I couldn't back it into the garage. I had to shut it off and start it back up in reverse. Th flywheel wasn't too bad considering. I've got a friend that has a machine shop and I do computer work for so I get all my flywheels resurfaced for free :high5:

That car should be damn fun with a 284 in it.

Hahaha thats more than a bit ambitious Jamie.

I probably wont be done modifying his CMC rod and firewall plate till the end of the weekend.

Hahaha thats more than a bit ambitious Jamie.

I probably wont be done modifying his CMC rod and firewall plate till the end of the weekend.

lol and dont forget this is a parking lot swap so far haha

more progress... shifter is in, the rear mount from the gen1 shifter didnt line up, i used the mount form the gen 2 automatic, exact height and position... sweet!

CIMG0492.jpg

CIMG0493.jpg

CIMG0494.jpg

CIMG0495.jpg

CIMG0496.jpg

there a small dent here... im thinking this would be a good place for the shifter cables.... thoughts?

CIMG0497.jpg

drilled the hole for the shifter cables and installed them, reinstalled carpet and trim pieces.. interior done minus the seats+ shift boot

heres a couple pics of the shifter... its been shortened, i think i mentioned that before.. same height as in my tgp.

CIMG0498.jpg

CIMG0499.jpg

CIMG0500.jpg

CIMG0501.jpg

CIMG0502.jpg

i ended up putting in all the seats, and i got rid of the key lock mechanism so i can take the key out of the car.

pics..

key lock mechanism..

CIMG0503.jpg

CIMG0504.jpg

CIMG0505.jpg

cup holders are sorta usleless now.. the passenger one is out of the way enough though.

CIMG0511.jpg

what it should have looked like from the back seat from factory (well almost.. but im almost done the interior)

CIMG0507.jpg

seats installed..

CIMG0516.jpg

i need to make a boot for the shifter, i got it all planned out and it should be simple enough, its going to be the charcol gray with red stitching.