Kuntzie's 01 Turbo GT 5-speed thread----- pg 10 extra special sunday delivery!

kuntzie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• GOT2B GM

• w-bodys_are_the_best

• White93z34

• 7 months later...

from now on im just going to keep this a rolling thread instead of posting up projects from this.

alot has happend with this over the last year, and its only getting better.

started on a full audio system.

consists of

Pioneer avic-d3 double din in custom fibreglassed dash.

JL audio 500/5 amp, this is awsome all in one amp. does 250x1 channel, 100x2 channels (fronts) and 25x2 for the rears, although actual rms wattages are usuallly around 300, 120, and 45 wrms at 1.5-4ohm

im going to be running a JL 8w7 in a very very special box ill be making for the back, i have it all planned out and it will be soooo clean.

i have a set of JL components and 6x9s comming this weekend aswell.

ill post some pics in a few minutes

Hate to say it, but that dash could use a TON of work. Looks like you applied too much filler all at once.

I thnk I need to go over it with a finishing coat of something, all I used was about 20 steps of bondo hair ( fibreglass) and it looks pretty much perfect from either seat in the front

• 3 weeks later...

mmmmmm 13" front and 12" rears!!!!

install went perfect, brake lines are all in great shape so it made things easy., there really is all rotor in there, barely and room between caliper and rim

i am also running some 235/45/17s now

GetAttachment.jpg

front2-1.jpg

rear2.jpg

front-1.jpg

rear.jpg

side-3.jpg

Hate to say it, but that dash could use a TON of work. Looks like you applied too much filler all at once.

okay, so I am not the only one that thinks that?

top notch making it fit, it just needs a little something else. There are some lines in there, that shouldn't be there (I know, coming from the guy who does crap for body work but still)

on the driver's side, top corner, it looks like there is a hair-line crack there, that is just a little rough.

damn though.

sweet sweet car.

you are straight crazy.

those brakes would look good with those other wheels back on.

high build primer and wet sand the stereo bezel if you want it perfect otherwise you can try spraying adhesive over part of it and stretch that fake leather stuff over it and trim it down. or maybe get a cf vinyl overlay over it.

ive already gone over the dash with spot putty and glaze to get rid of the inperfections, this was my first time attempt at this so had no idea really what i was doing and didnt even know what spot putty was lol

the cracking there is nothing you can really do about when it is going to be flexing during installation. the texture can be improved by hitting it with an automotive urethane high build primer. I have this stuff from U-tech that will build up really high that I use. and it gives it a very even texture like drywall texture kind of. you could just go over it with some paper and knock down the peaks. then it would take to any type of paint really well.

• 4 months later...

update- installing a crazy and i mean literally the craziest turbo / 3.8 cam possible..\\

im did had it covered except for the pic and the one valve seal install.

anyway i got the double roller gear chamfered today so couldnt do much but for those intrested in just how much lift this cam has..

stock cam- as you can see the gap between the bench and the cam lobe

IMG_0838.jpg

the comp cam- not even a piece of paper can fit inbetween

IMG_0837.jpg

some other random pics

timing chain comparison

IMG_0839.jpg

oil pump cover vs machined

IMG_0835-1.jpg

IMG_0836-1.jpg

covered up

IMG_0843.jpg

and yes im working on l26 swapping and turboing the other gp in this picture aswell.

IMG_0842.jpg

post-1239-143689047566_thumb.jpg