Battery Recommendations

GOT2B GM

Looking to replace my dead 5 yr old Optima red top in the TGP.

Would like to stick with a gel battery vs the acid kind.

Any recommendations?

Walmart here wants $200 for a 720 CCA redtop :eek:

Maybe I'll hold out to buy one on the drive home from Seattle in a couple weeks.

I bought the one O'Reillys had that was the correct CCA for our cars and paid $30 with trade for the old battery. It came with a 2-year warranty and I just replace it every year, since the TGP eats a battery every winter. :lol:

Looking to replace my dead 5 yr old Optima red top in the TGP.

Would like to stick with a gel battery vs the acid kind.

Any recommendations?

Walmart here wants $200 for a 720 CCA redtop :eek:

Maybe I'll hold out to buy one on the drive home from Seattle in a couple weeks.

Red top going bad?

Isn't there a limit to how many times you can replace it? I know the Wal-Mart ones do, because when I grabbed the one that was shot out of that '92 GP I have, when I took it there, they scanned it and said it was the third time it had been replaced under the warranty, despite my thought of the 3yr warranty recycling every time you got one. That wasn't the case apparently :rolleyes:

the battery is 5 yrs old, well over the 3 yr free replacement warranty. Won't hold a charge after sitting this past winter.

Ended up buying one at Costco for $135.

Had to renew our membership (it had expired last week :cussing:) but Costco Optima + membership renewal was still cheaper than the $200 Walmart Optima.

Thanks for the input guys!

Crap, had I remembered, I would have suggested a dry cell battery. The cool thing about them, you can lay them on their sides, and they weigh about 1/4 the weight of a lead-acid or gel cell battery.

http://www.fadfusion.com/selection.php?product_item_number=20082402890

How many CCAs does that battery have though? It doesn't show one. I wonder how they stand up to -40 and lower for 2 months straight. Defiantely interesting..just a bit hesitant with the longevity of it.