how to change light bulb in instrument panel

SrMichi

Can anyone please tell me how to change a light bulb on a instument panel on a 94 lumina. after putting in a manual fan switch and re wiring my fog lights i just found out there is a dark spot between my rpm and gas gauge.

Easy.

Remove the dash pad. 5 7mm bolts you should be able to see. Remove those push up on the pad and pull it out.

Look for more 7mm bolts holding the "lumina" plate on. Then look for the 7mm bolts holding on the cluster. Unplug the harness and pull it out.

Go to NAPA and get 194 bulbs but they need to have the base attached to them. You'll see what I'm talking about. The cluster will have a black piece of plastic that needs to be removed from the back to access the bulbs. The bulbs twist out.

k i got the dash out, the euro sign out and all the bolts on the cluster there is white tube with a retractable wire on the bottom that wont let me pull the thing out. is there a way to take this out or can i just retracted a bit to get enough space to unscrew the black cover?

nvm its the shift indicator. i was able to pull it enough and take the black cover out. i took the bulbs out and they where not burned :eek: so i took all of them and bent the connectors and put some connector grease. its kinda bright outside but it seems they are all working. later tonight ill be sure :biggrin:

well they where not all working now the speedometer side does not work i gave it a good smack and it turned on. then today i noticed my right blinker was not working i try smacking it but nothing i had to get a new bulb. now it all works :biggrin: